RCD 6.7L CP4 test results.

BogginF350

Reaction score
We are pleased with the results of our extensive bench testing. We netted 48% over a stock 11-14 pump and 33% over a 15`- current pump. We will be releasing Beta test units to five dealers in the next few days to give us feedback. These pumps should support over 850RWHP. :thumbup:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 221
  • FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3966.JPG
    IMG_3966.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 200
  • RCD CP4 Test Results.jpg
    RCD CP4 Test Results.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 196

sootie

Reaction score
excited to see how well these hold up in a dd application. what size nozzles would you need to make 850hp?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
excited to see how well these hold up in a dd application. what size nozzles would you need to make 850hp?
Imo if you're going to do injectors on a 6.7 just do 100%. Mine can be turned down to what feels like 700 hp and it runs very cool and smoke free.

It's expensive to mod the injectors, may as well only do them once.

Fwiw my stroker pump has been great, I dd my truck most of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Smoke has everything to do with tuning, not the pump

doo dah

Reaction score
All I hear is how the stroker pumps are a big risk for failure but I can't find anything that has details on actual failures. I am spending major coin on rebuilding my transmission to support 750hp and wanted to go dual pumps but with the cost of the trans I can't afford it so I was thinking a '15 pump but thought the ~9% increase wouldn't be worth the cost compared to just going with a modded pump. I DD my truck and it rarely sees 100% duty cycle for more than a few seconds because I'm not racing it, sled pulling, or hitting the dyno regularly so I'm thinking maybe I wouldn't push it hard enough to worry about early catastrophic failure. I have drained my rails twice so it would be nice to have a pump that could keep up with the demand of my set up when I do lean on it.

sootie

Reaction score
I havent heard of any six seven pumps failing fwiw but I obviously don't hear everything.

Also, a stroker pump is like a stroker engine, it is making a longer stroke with each revolution no matter what rpm or how much of that fuel you are using. So DC doesn't really relate to longevity that much imo

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
At a certain DC the return fuel that is used for cooling the pump is redirected in every attempt to maintain rail, so I think there is something to not running a pump on the ragged edge.

As far as reliability goes when stroking a pump it's like a higher lift cam on valvetrain, there is more stress but it might be difficult to quantify exactly what that extra stress means in terms of reliability. So far I have not heard of any premature failures of a stroker pump.

doo dah

Reaction score
Cool, thanks! I have dual alternators so the dual fuel would be more than just adding a pump and I think the stroked CP4.2 would match well with my 63mm Non VGT. Maybe it will put me close to 600hp.

BogginF350

Reaction score
At a certain DC the return fuel that is used for cooling the pump is redirected in every attempt to maintain rail, so I think there is something to not running a pump on the ragged edge.

As far as reliability goes when stroking a pump it's like a higher lift cam on valvetrain, there is more stress but it might be difficult to quantify exactly what that extra stress means in terms of reliability. So far I have not heard of any premature failures of a stroker pump.

Similar but not exactly. Whereas a valve in a cylinder head is relying on the spring for resistance and load a pump utilizes the fuel pressure for rebound and load. Also the ramp angle of a eccentric is much less aggressive allowing the followers to live longer. Knock on wood.. with nearly 200 out there we have yet to have one warranty claim. Also, Midwest Diesel Auto has stopped making their regrind stroker pump and have been selling ours for six months or so with great results. These pumps will support 750-800 rwhp.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Good point, the lobe on a pump and on a cam have a vastly different profile.

Thanks for the explanation!

Latest posts

Members online