question about removing egr

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
ok i have a quick question.

i have a *** and egr ******d tune from tyrant. would it be possible to install the exhaust and go ahead and tune it and just unplug the egr until i have time to install the block off plates and remove the pump? will probably be a few weeks until i can do it.

sootie

Reaction score
ok i have a quick question.

i have a *** and egr ******d tune from tyrant. would it be possible to install the exhaust and go ahead and tune it and just unplug the egr until i have time to install the block off plates and remove the pump? will probably be a few weeks until i can do it.
Tune first and start the truck to make sure all is well. Then remove exhaust. EGR doesn't have to be actually removed unless you choose too.

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Tune first and start the truck to make sure all is well. Then remove exhaust. EGR doesn't have to be actually removed unless you choose too.

Ok. Thanks. Im assuming after i tune before i start it i want to make sure all the exhaust sensors are unplugged and also egr is unplugged?

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
one last question!

what about the egt sensor if im just leaving the egr system in and not installing a block off plate for awhile?

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
Just leave it alone. You just won’t be able to read EGTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So is it necessary to unplug the egr connectors? I can only find the one on valve. Can't seem to locate the 2nd, I guess I'm blind

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ackerdiesel

Reaction score
Pull the air intake and look toward the base of the cold side pipe. It’s toward the back side (engine block side)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.