KC Drop in s300 turbine with billet wheel turbo testing

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We just got done testing one of our new turbo designs for the 7.3 and wanted to update people on the results. This is basically a 100% stock turbo with our wheel upgrades in it. 6x6 billet KC Compressor wheel and stock sized s300 turbine wheel and stock .84ar housing. We sent out about 40 testers a few months ago and everyone loved them… well here are our test results.

180/30 injectors (AKA stage 1.5s)
Stage 1 hpop
Stock turbo with upgraded KC Wheels

405hp and 894tq
This turbo spools crazy fast and has GREAT low end power. By 2000 rpms it is cranking out over 300hp and 850tq. The truck drives great and tows like a dream. ZERO egts issues…. You really have to push it hard to get egts above 1000 and almost impossible to get above 1200 unless doing a 0-100mph pull. Overall very low smoke unless you get in it hard. It does not quite fully clean up the 180/30 injectors at WOT.

It runs 1:1 boost/ebp up to about 30psi.
Max boost of 35psi
Max ebp of 50psi

For those wondering on the PW and whether the 1.5s actually hold icp. We were a little disappointed but it is what it is.
3.7ms tune holds about 2600-2800psi
4.2ms tune only holds drops down to 2200-2400

Here is a video... I will also try uploading it to youtube

https://www.facebook.com/KCTurbos/videos/327472257797713/

KCTurbos

Reaction score
epdMhB2l.jpg

DieselDC

Reaction score
Can you order it with the upgraded stronger shaft?

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Great! When are the wheels going to be available? The turbine says sold out on the website?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We are waiting on our next batch of turbine wheels.

We still have some OBS turbine wheels in stock ready to go. The superduty version is out of stock.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Can you order it with the upgraded stronger shaft?

—————signature—————

Yes, we do plan on offering that with the larger 74mm we plan to sell. But when you do that you will also have to order a custom compressor wheel with larger bore.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Bummer I was hoping it would fit that wheel. A few members have snapped their shaft after a rebuild (200k mi).

—————signature—————

co04cobra

Reaction score
ETA on them back in stock? I’ve been watching on the site.

FWIW, I’ve built turbos locally for several years with the .84 housing and had great results. Both with stock size and 66 sized compressors. Looking forward to trying these in several different applications.

Back woods

Reaction score
Great results out of an .84ar housing. Any numbers testing with Van turbos or 70mm OBS turbines? I have an SXE Van turbo and an SXE Super duty turbo. 180/30 injectors would run even cooler with the 70mm/1.15ar, 1100*egt or less seem like a decent guess? Great product, have got 1 more turbine to buy and all of my trucks will be running SXE hybrids.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
We just got done testing one of our new turbo designs for the 7.3 and wanted to update people on the results. This is basically a 100% stock turbo with our wheel upgrades in it. 6x6 billet KC Compressor wheel and stock sized s300 turbine wheel and stock .84ar housing. We sent out about 40 testers a few months ago and everyone loved them… well here are our test results.

180/30 injectors (AKA stage 1.5s)
Stage 1 hpop
Stock turbo with upgraded KC Wheels

405hp and 894tq
This turbo spools crazy fast and has GREAT low end power. By 2000 rpms it is cranking out over 300hp and 850tq. The truck drives great and tows like a dream. ZERO egts issues…. You really have to push it hard to get egts above 1000 and almost impossible to get above 1200 unless doing a 0-100mph pull. Overall very low smoke unless you get in it hard. It does not quite fully clean up the 180/30 injectors at WOT.

It runs 1:1 boost/ebp up to about 30psi.
Max boost of 35psi
Max ebp of 50psi

For those wondering on the PW and whether the 1.5s actually hold icp. We were a little disappointed but it is what it is.
3.7ms tune holds about 2600-2800psi
4.2ms tune only holds drops down to 2200-2400

Here is a video... I will also try uploading it to youtube

https://www.facebook.com/KCTurbos/videos/327472257797713/

Who's tune? What tune.....street, tow, race, hot street, etc, etc? Who's injectors? Who's HPOP?

Billy T.
[email protected]

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Great results out of an .84ar housing. Any numbers testing with Van turbos or 70mm OBS turbines? I have an SXE Van turbo and an SXE Super duty turbo. 180/30 injectors would run even cooler with the 70mm/1.15ar, 1100*egt or less seem like a decent guess? Great product, have got 1 more turbine to buy and all of my trucks will be running SXE hybrids.

We plan to swap on a 1.0ar housing next and see what happens... if there are gains to be had then we might go as far as a 1.15.

At this point egts are not an issue at all. EBP is also not crazy... but I would love to bring it down a little bit if possible.

I won't share too much... but we currently have a 63/68/.84ar on the truck. Hitting up the dyno this week.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
ETA on them back in stock? I’ve been watching on the site.

FWIW, I’ve built turbos locally for several years with the .84 housing and had great results. Both with stock size and 66 sized compressors. Looking forward to trying these in several different applications.

OBS turbines are in stock (still left over from the first batch).
Superduty turbines are all out... We are hoping to have more in the next few weeks.

DieselDC

Reaction score
We plan to swap on a 1.0ar housing next and see what happens... if there are gains to be had then we might go as far as a 1.15.

At this point egts are not an issue at all. EBP is also not crazy... but I would love to bring it down a little bit if possible.

I won't share too much... but we currently have a 63/68/.84ar on the truck. Hitting up the dyno this week.

Simply can’t wait for the results. Do you have any of the upgraded gtp38 shafts avail now? Would like to give it a go (worried the stock will snap).

—————signature—————

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Who's tune? What tune.....street, tow, race, hot street, etc, etc? Who's injectors? Who's HPOP?

Billy T.
[email protected]

We really don't want this to get into a pissing match between tuners/injector builders/pump manufacturer (not saying you are trying to do that, just want to be clear).

We have personally ran different tuners back to back... There are always trade offs. What I will say is that we LOVE working with Jelibuilt, 1023, ********, and SDK. We do all of our testing with their tunes. This particular test was on tunes from Jelibuilt. His 4.2ms drag ripper, we also ran a 3.7ms street tune and lost a little power.

Full Force Diesel Injectors. We LOVE working with them. They are our go to company for injectors.

CNC Fab stage 1 hpop

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Simply can’t wait for the results. Do you have any of the upgraded gtp38 shafts avail now? Would like to give it a go (worried the stock will snap).

—————signature—————

We only have the stock sized tp38 OBS s300 units in stock.

To be clear... all testing so far has been on stock sized shaft with stock sized thickness.

We are going to offer a thicker shaft on our 74mm turbine wheel... but you will have to run a special rebuild kit and compressor wheel.

DieselDC

Reaction score
We only have the stock sized tp38 OBS s300 units in stock.

To be clear... all testing so far has been on stock sized shaft with stock sized thickness.

We are going to offer a thicker shaft on our 74mm turbine wheel... but you will have to run a special rebuild kit and compressor wheel.

I’m down with that - I have two stock turbos sitting around I’d like to play with.

I found the shaft I was talking about
a1643492ea280038123d1398f042e4bb.jpg

I have a 1.0 ar- would it fit fine?

—————signature—————

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I’m down with that - I have two stock turbos sitting around I’d like to play with.

I found the shaft I was talking about
a1643492ea280038123d1398f042e4bb.jpg

I have a 1.0 ar- would it fit fine?

—————signature—————

Those are the turbine wheels we are currently testing. (we sent out 40 testers last spring and everyone loved them).

The SUPERDUTY 99-03 units are OUT OF STOCK

We have the OBS 94-97 units in stock ready to go.

They will fit any a/r housing as long as you order the right size turbine wheel

DieselDC

Reaction score
Bummer. When will you have some in stock for the 99-03?

—————signature—————

KCTurbos

Reaction score
OBS turbines are in stock (still left over from the first batch).
Superduty turbines are all out... We are hoping to have more in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Members online