H&S vs SCT ??

azdbllung

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has owned both of these tuners that can chime in? Taking cost out of the equation, is the H&S dpf off tunes better than the SCT DPF off tunes? I know that there are a few companies with comp tunes for the SCT and it may not have had enough trial for those tunes...but if someone has tested these out, could you give some advice?

LovetheTide

Reaction score
I've had both, HS with the DPF on and SCT with the DPF off. The SCT from Rudy's seems to pull harder than the HS did, but the shifting is much better than the HS. The gauges are nice with the HS but not worth the price increase over the SCT IMO.

MPG was 14 with the HS and 16-17 with the SCT and DPF removed.

jcain

Reaction score
Dpf on vs dpf off isn't even an apples to oranges comparison. That's more like an apples to cucumber..

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
H&S download once after that all shift on the fly. More variety of custom tuners

SCT wait about 15-20 mins to upload a tune

Not that many custom tuners

Me personally I would go with the H&S MCC and gearhead tunes.

RUBBERDUCK1111

Reaction score
Been lurking for a minute. I got a 2012 king ranch and the dpf was deleted when I bought it and egr was unplugged but no tuner in sight. I am assuming I have a dpf-r or something. I want a sct livewire or mini maxx. The cost difference is crazy so I was gonna see everyone's expierance with the sct? Will it allow the egr and dpf delete? And can I stack it with whatever I have right now? I am in central texas let me know if you guys have had any good expierances with anyone around here. Thanks for the help

colecoop56

Reaction score
No you can not stack with what you have now. You will have to get an all new tuner and overwrite what you have now. I am assuming that whoever had your truck before had an Xrt Pro and left the tune locked on the truck.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Been lurking for a minute. I got a 2012 king ranch and the dpf was deleted when I bought it and egr was unplugged but no tuner in sight. I am assuming I have a dpf-r or something. I want a sct livewire or mini maxx. The cost difference is crazy so I was gonna see everyone's expierance with the sct? Will it allow the egr and dpf delete? And can I stack it with whatever I have right now? I am in central texas let me know if you guys have had any good expierances with anyone around here. Thanks for the help

Yes the "competition" rudys SCT X4's located here http://www.rudysdiesel.com/_e/Chips...tion_Tuner_2011_2014_Ford_Powerstroke_6_7.htm will delete the DPF and EGR. No you can not stack both tunes. You will have to purchase a tuner and have either ford or a local diesel shop that has IDS reflash your truck to a OEM stock file then you'll be able to download your new tunes to your truck. Make sure you purchase the tuner BEFORE you return your truck to a OEM file if not your truck will go into limp mode and not move with out a DPF/EGR delete tuner on the truck.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
for a X4?

nope. and the x4 are still having communication issues , some of the units are requiring a custom load file , so the customer may have to send info to get a custom load first file. the 11-12 are relatively simple with little problems, but the 13-14 are not 100% dialed yet , should be perfect in the next couple weeks. they are still made to work in one email fix, just getting the info out there so there is no surprises. and certainly you are not getting custom tunes for them yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All ours use a load file first. They have bugs with the 13-14. But that is said to be fixed soon. It will require ordering it to your vin for specific files. The sct can be custom tuned. Whether or not you find someone willing to work with you may be another story. All I will say is that if someone were to purchase one of the ones we sell and needed custom tunes, that option can be explored at that time. It would cost more for custom tuning.

That is all.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
nope. and the x4 are still having communication issues , some of the units are requiring a custom load file , so the customer may have to send info to get a custom load first file. the 11-12 are relatively simple with little problems, but the 13-14 are not 100% dialed yet , should be perfect in the next couple weeks. they are still made to work in one email fix, just getting the info out there so there is no surprises. and certainly you are not getting custom tunes for them yet.

All ours use a load file first. They have bugs with the 13-14. But that is said to be fixed soon. It will require ordering it to your vin for specific files. The sct can be custom tuned. Whether or not you find someone willing to work with you may be another story. All I will say is that if someone were to purchase one of the ones we sell and needed custom tunes, that option can be explored at that time. It would cost more for custom tuning.

That is all.

Do the 6.4's need the custom load files for deletes? Disregard the second part of this post I edited out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online