Dyno Experts needed

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
Just want some input on Dyno numbers vs real world street numbers.
Truck makes 500HP on a DynoJet and it made 40lbs of boost.
Truck will make 46-48lbs of boost on the street. So does it probably actually make 550? Truck will make 40lbs on the tow file towing a trailer. So does the boost =HP? Was the truck making 500hp while towing since it saw 40lbs? Does a particularly diesel truck make X power at Y boost while your driving and boost numbers change?

Does the driver of the truck need to be more experienced and maybe brake load the truck better to get a bigger/more real number or is it cheating?

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
Need to know what all is done to the truck? Boost tells us nothing.

250/100’s, CNC Fab stage 2 HPOP, big fuel, precision 6870 T4, JW full billet trans, on 37’s with 4.10 gears. All 3” plenums, banks intercooled.

I previously had the same setup with a BASB and it would outrun every late model tuned truck that it went up against. A couple of 6.4’s that were supposedly close to 600 it would even pull on them. With the BASB it was nasty down low and ran out of charger on the top end, I figured it at 5-520. The Precision is amazing and has more top end.

I realize boost is a measure of restriction, my main point here is the Dyno loading equally to real life or not. Is the truck making 500 every time the gauge is at 40lbs? Then on the street if it’s at 45lbs is it likely making more?

ncollins64

Reaction score
^ what he said. That injector is good for low 500s and I’m sure with the other oil, fuel, and air mods maybe can get up to mid 500s and good drive ability. But get the true weight and run 1/4 times and see what it looks like.

Latest posts

Members online