fuel derate loss of boost.

oldschool

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 with d66 turbo, and black cloud diesel injectors, I believe stage one. been in so long, don't remember for sure.
Problem is on cold engine there is NO power no smoke, no EGT. Even when ambient is 90 degrees. After it warms up a little, according to the scan gauge, engine oil and water temp come up normal. It does have a little more power, and slight smoke on acceleration. After it warms up, on acceleration, there is normal smoke, clears up, and about 2000 to 2200, boost gets to around 10 psi, the boost just droops to zero, power drops, and smoke is none. I've changed the map sensor. according to the scan gauge, temps are normal. The fuel pressure never drops below 55 psi. The high pressure oil with percentage acts normal through out the cycle. I've searched internet for possible causes, and haven't seen this problem. Can't be the only one. I did unplug the T6 chip from ********, and it does run more to the normal on cold engine. but the drop in boost is the same. It appears that something is causing a derate. I can't find any information on what may cause a derate. I am leaning to the IDM, but just don't want to throw parts at it.
Anyone have any thoughts?
thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online