block fill? yes or no

obspsd

Reaction score
As Some Of You May Know I Am Building A Motor To Support The Mods In My Sig, I Have Already Got Rods And Main Girdle. My Question Is About Filling The Block. Does It Really Help? What's The Best Stuff To Use? Let Me Hear Yalls opinions, Thank You In Advance:ford:

97powerstroke

Reaction score
Filling the block will add rigidity to the block and cylinder walls. It'll help keep the cylinder walls straight which will help the rings seal better and that should equal to more power. I don't have the block filled in my truck but I filled the block in my car for that reason especially with a factory block not designed for high horsepower.

79jasper

Reaction score
Not to sound dumb (which I know I will lol) but what is block filling and how is it done?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Not to sound dumb (which I know I will lol) but what is block filling and how is it done?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

A mixture, which appears similar to concrete, used to strengthen the block. Depending on the amount of fill used will determine streetable use, as some go full fill and others only do half or less. All depends on the use of the vehicle and how much of the cooling capacity you are comfortable with depleting

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.