2016 6.7 powerstroke

prefab221

Reaction score
My truck has 167,000 mi. On it. Running good until yesterday. Starting hearing a roaring noise under acceleration.kinda sounds like a big shop vac. Best I can tell it's coming from the rear of the motor. Drove it easy home and when I got there ,there was no more noise. Everything was normal. Drove it to work today(65 mi.) The noise is back. Going home today (noise still present), made a 10 min stop, and when I got going again, while accelerating hard it starting running like it never has before. Pulling like a frieght train! I'm thinking it's the turbo going down but I just don't know now. The truck is 100% stock. I've had a cel on and off for about 2 months. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6.7Bison

Reaction score
Did it run like a dog when it made the roaring sound? My best non professional guess would be related to turbo, intake piping, or exhaust. The CEL should tell you more. The sound could be a boost leak that opens up under higher boost pressures. The sound could be a rendition of the broken manifold stud squeal that appears under load. Either leak may have sealed up suddenly giving the impression that it runs like a bat out of hell compared to running like a dog before hand. Sudden change in feel of performance could be a problem with the vanes sticking in the vgt. Not sure that would cause a noise though. The sound could also have been the fan being stuck on but I don't think it would cause the performance change.

prefab221

Reaction score
I talked to fomo yesterday and it is probably the cac tube has cracked.... gonna ck it out, $135 part

prefab221

Reaction score
Installed the new ca tube . Didn't change anything, the problem still exists.

sootie

Reaction score
Why replace the tube if it wasnt cracked? Maybe pay fomoco to diagnose if you cant?

J98

Reaction score
Don't throw parts at it till you know what the cel is. Should have been the first thing you checked, most auto stores will do a basic check for free

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online