Fuel rail pressure?

boggerr

Reaction score
Ok guys, have an 08 with a mini running GH mcc tunes. Have noticed my FRP has been a little different for awhile now but never noticed any problems with drivability and just realized when the pressure changes, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what may cause this or maybe monitor.
what I'm seeing on my Dash Daq. My FRP changes if the outside air temp is let's say around 85 degrees ( rough guesstimate on the temp.
So, if it's below 85, running 75 mph flat ground. steady throttle I see 11K to !2K FRP but if it goes over 85 degrees outside air temp. running the same exact scenario my FRP is 15K to 16K.
The truck still runs the same both ways and I'm probably just being anal about it but has anybody experienced this before? Can anybody think of what could cause this and is it something I should even worry about?

Thanks in advance

TD-5

Reaction score
Quite possible you are seeing the effects of the ECM changing from one Injection pressure Configeration/temp map to another.

Attachments

• FRP.jpg
    FRP.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

boggerr

Reaction score
I looked at those tables on the MCC software but have no clue what I’m actually looking at lol.
Like I said, truck runs fine either way but was curious to the pressure being higher when the outside temp is higher. I can drive hours and RP is 11k to 12k but as soon as the air temp goes above 85 the RP will jump up to 15 to 16k with in minutes. I never noticed that happen running a livewire and GH tunes

Latest posts

Members online