Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Tow-Rig

Old 05-14-2019, 10:00 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black AOD View Post
That's Lavon Millers of Firepunk Diesels shop gooseneck. I actually hate towing that trailer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Why don’t you like towing that trailer? Heavy, or?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:31 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Probably hates the way the tires drag during turns (especially loaded)... Reversing those in areas where you need to maneuver really sucks... All the scrubbing kills them tires and beats up on the truck... When you get to the track and its time to maneuver it can be a cringe fest haha... Never towed a smaller spread axle on a light duty truck... Just heavy.. I imagine its similar though.. The drive becomes very calculated, which gets old.

Last edited by EPA; 05-14-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:56 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA View Post
Probably hates the way the tires drag during turns (especially loaded)... Reversing those in areas where you need to maneuver really sucks... All the scrubbing kills them tires and beats up on the truck... When you get to the track and its time to maneuver it can be a cringe fest haha... Never towed a smaller spread axle on a light duty truck... Just heavy.. I imagine its similar though.. The drive becomes very calculated, which gets old.
I had a 32’ PJ with a 72” spread. Loved it. Yeah, it could be hard on tires if you didn’t pay attention, but I really like how much easier it was to balance a short heavy load.
I always preferred a spread on my semi trailers also, but not everyone does tho.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I had a 32’ PJ with a 72” spread. Loved it. Yeah, it could be hard on tires if you didn’t pay attention, but I really like how much easier it was to balance a short heavy load.
I always preferred a spread on my semi trailers also, but not everyone does tho.
I'm by no means a seasoned truck driver or frequent tow guy haha... I'm sure if its something that you do often you get the feel for it... Sure there will always be preferences... But my statement is based on a hand full of times I have driven big rigs... Only to say I can and have before i die haha...

Last edited by EPA; 05-14-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA View Post
I'm by no means a seasoned truck driver or frequent tow guy haha... I'm sure if its something that you do often you get the feel for it... Sure there will always be preferences... But my statement is based on a hand full of times I have driven big rigs... Only to say I can and have before i die haha...
I’m not wanting to sound argumentative, just asking questions, and stating my preferences.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Why don’t you like towing that trailer? Heavy, or?
That trailer bounces really badly loaded or unloaded. It's just annoying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17' F350 CCLB - No Limit/OUO/King/JAMO/H&S/EZ-Lynk
/Airlift
Old 05-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

This is our 35’ stealth we haul around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 363DBFF5-7F3E-4F92-8138-58E2D6DC114C.jpg (22.8 KB, 37 views)
2012 CCLB Lariat/EZ Lynk/Tyrant Tunes/15+ turbo swap/5” flo pro/H&S upgraded silicone CAC pipe/No Limit stage 2 intake/Mishimoto primary rad./2.5” BDS leveling kit/Fox shocks & stabilizer/Ride Rite airbags/20” XD Grenades/35” RBP