Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Headlines > Newly Enlisted

Old 11-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default New guy from California

Hey guys, my names Chris. Just bought a 02 7.3 f350 with 142 on the odometer. First diesel for me, but I am a mechanic for John Deere so diesel knowledge isnít new for me. Itís in relatively good shape drivetrain wise, needs paint and a driver seat cover. Iím gonna take it today to a local guy for an estimate on what the paint is gonna cost. Itís got a full turbo back MBRP kit on it. New batteries, water pump, and thermostats, as well has a few steering/suspension components. Itís Dark teal metallic, paint code R2.
I have a company truck so this is going to be primarily a tow rig / weekend driver. Im sure Iíll get some crap for it but Iím pretty sure I want to do the 17+ style mirrors for it and when itís painted all the plastics will be done as well. Plans are to get a CTS2 monitor, tint and level. Truck has no oil anywhere on it nor does it look freshly cleaned. That being said does anyone have or point me in the direction of this color truck paint matched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Welcome to the Army. Any forest fires near you?
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, Garrett GT4294, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Honey Badger Jr, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Iím about 3-4 from both fires about dead center of both of them. Iím located in Merced. An hour north of Fresno and about an hour south of Modesto

Old 11-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Looked like you were in the valley. Appears to be a nice low mileage truck. Any other
modifications done to it?

Is it a catalyst truck? You will be limited on what you can do being in CA. Is it a CA
truck or a 49 state truck?
2k, F350 SuperCruzer, 7.3L Diesel, Auto trans, 4x4, GH Tunes w/160/30s, S&B cold air intake, 4-inch turbo-back exhaust, Garrett 38r, Adrenaline HPOP, BTS Transmission w/6.0 cooler, Swamps IDM(broke, back to stock), AIC, in-tank and pre-pump mod, Heater valve mod, X-car sound panel mod
Old 11-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd View Post
Looked like you were in the valley. Appears to be a nice low mileage truck. Any other
modifications done to it?

Is it a catalyst truck? You will be limited on what you can do being in CA. Is it a CA
truck or a 49 state truck?

It is a non catalyst truck, built in Kentucky. 3:73 gears.
As for mods, looks like it may have had a cold air intake on it at some point. Sticker under the hood says SC filters,? Not really looking to do much if anything performance wise. I was looking at the edge revolver or the evolution chip. But thatís the farthest from my thoughts right now.
Local painter told me 2200 for complete paint and body work, says it will be show quality. Iíve seen his work I have no doubt it would be. Gonna save the coin to do that first.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:00 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Welcome to PSA, if you're going to get a chip go with a hydra.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:24 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal_Mark View Post
Welcome to PSA, if you're going to get a chip go with a hydra.

Youíve sparked my interest with Hydra, why use them? And any ideas if they work with cts2 monitor?

Old 11-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisaod View Post
Youíve sparked my interest with Hydra, why use them? And any ideas if they work with cts2 monitor?

Holds 17 custom tunes, and there's quite a few good options with who's tunes you pick.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Got some stuff done

Old 11-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Welcome. That color has grown on me over the years and wouldn't mind having one in that color. Check the quality of the paint your painter quoted you. Sounds like paint that will last 3 years. Factory quality complete paint jobs on these trucks start at $6k.