PSE now a RAVELCO dealer.

Reaction score
Hey y'all, so we finally got fed up with hearing about our customers and other STROKERS trucks being stolen. We are now offering and installing Ravelvo anti theft systems. If y'all wanna set up an appointment just shoot us an email or call. I'm sure most of y'all have heard of it. If you haven't check them out(especially in Houston area..) KEEP STROKIN!!
http://www.ravelco.com
[email protected]
832-688-8702
9azu3u6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
got a phone call today, a customer we installed one of these units was in south texas visiting family. He was pumping diesel and went inside to buy some stuff and use the restroom. when he came outside a guy was in his truck.. he jumped out andhe ran off. they tried to start it with a screw driver.. messed up the dash and keyhole. he said he usually doesn't take the ravelco cap off at gas stations.. but that time he did. SAVED HIS ASS!!

Zmann

Reaction score
thats the problem with Ravelco it requires users pro active effort
I am surprised/glad He took it with him

My viper even with the keys won't start the truck because the starter bypass passively engages after key off

i am sure at night in the dark of night the alarms starter bypass is easier to bypass
I hear the Ravelco really mixes up the wires to create confusion

Crack85

Reaction score
thats the problem with Ravelco it requires users pro active effort
I am surprised/glad He took it with him

My viper even with the keys won't start the truck because the starter bypass passively engages after key off

i am sure at night in the dark of night the alarms starter bypass is easier to bypass
I hear the Ravelco really mixes up the wires to create confusion

What do u mean it requires the user to be pro active?

Snake

Reaction score
Yes. It's a cannon plug approximately 1" in diameter. Hardly even know its in your pocket with the rest of your keys.

FWIW, I had my Viper alarm installed several years ago. The Ravelco guy had never been in my truck and bypassed my alarm in seconds. It makes sense when you think about it: every DEI alarm installation on a Superduty is going to be very similar. If you know what to look for, it won't take much effort to render the entire system inoperable.

I've said it before - the best protection is multiple layers of defense, and the Ravelco is a strong second line.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I plan to go with both a Ravelco and Viper alarm system. Use the viper when just stepping away from the truck for a few mins. Take the Ravelco any time it will be left for longer than that.

Can a Ravelco be bought as a kit to be installed by the consumer? If not I guess I will have to find someone local.

Zmann

Reaction score
I agree Snake
I had the dealer install my viper and then I added to it but like I mentioned it would be easier to defeat than a Ravelco
I also agree with layers I arm the truck at night and lock the parking brake with a pad lock

neither a Ravelco nor a viper would stop a tow / flatbed ( seems unlikely for a theft but it happens here in AZ)

at least the viper as 1 layer would sound the alarm and depending on model GPS trac and call you on your smart phone

Ravelco used to say that no one had had a truck stolen while using their system , not sure if that statement is still advertised?

the only reason I don't have a Ravelco is it makes remote starting impossible and with a diesel I use it all the time

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
Can a Ravelco be bought as a kit to be installed by the consumer? If not I guess I will have to find someone local.

Yes. There used to be some fine print about having a certified installer do it, but I couldn't find the language. Maybe it just got finer? LOL

I agree Snake
I had the dealer install my viper and then I added to it but like I mentioned it would be easier to defeat than a Ravelco
I also agree with layers I arm the truck at night and lock the parking brake with a pad lock

neither a Ravelco nor a viper would stop a tow / flatbed ( seems unlikely for a theft but it happens here in AZ)

at least the viper as 1 layer would sound the alarm and depending on model GPS trac and call you on your smart phone

Ravelco used to say that no one had had a truck stolen while using their system , not sure if that statement is still advertised?

the only reason I don't have a Ravelco is it makes remote starting impossible and with a diesel I use it all the time

They're still saying no vehicle ever stolen.

http://www.ravelco.com

Snake

Reaction score
Anytime man. Right there with you about the remote start, though. That's the only negative I've found.

Zmann

Reaction score
remote start no more and you actually have to remove the cap for it to work LOL

i wonder how many cap configs there are ?

Google Ravelco DIY for some interesting reads

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
PSE, is it possible to have it semi flush mounted through the fuse panel cover? The lower dash part not the little black square

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

StockCar#10

Reaction score
remote start no more and you actually have to remove the cap for it to work LOL

i wonder how many cap configs there are ?

Google Ravelco DIY for some interesting reads

Pretty good amount of caps/confg. May trucking and Gordon trucking use them on there trucks and I've (knock on wood) never been able in interchange any 2 at work when they come in.

Latest posts

Members online