New PJ Low Profile Gooseneck

powerstroke22

Reaction score
My trailer guy told me about the new low-profile gooseneck and I am just about ready to pull the trigger on one.

Has anyone seen/ pulled one before, Usually the northeast are the last ones to see new stuff so they have none on the lot to look at. Let me know what you guys think.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I haven't seen one personally nor pulled one but I have 2 friends with pj goosenecks and they are a nice trailer and seem very well built.

Reaction score
I have used them. I was going to buy one but I found a load trail with exactly what I wanted and didn't have to order it. Load trail and pj used to be the same company then split up. They are built on the same street in the same town and basically are indentical. I have a 32' hyd dove that works awesome.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I have a PJ low-profile deckover already great trailer I love it. The trailer below is what I was talking about driveover fenders a "drop-deck" I guess you could call it.

B8.pdf

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Oh I see. I just googled pj low profile gooseneck but I didn't see that trailer. I just saw the ones with the steel over the wheels so it drops the deck the thickness of the wood. My friends just have dual axle goosenecks, like I said nice trailers.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I have used them. I was going to buy one but I found a load trail with exactly what I wanted and didn't have to order it. Load trail and pj used to be the same company then split up. They are built on the same street in the same town and basically are indentical. I have a 32' hyd dove that works awesome.

I've been looking at those hyd dove trailers to. Need one big enough for two trucks. But no ramps sure would be nice.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I have had one for four years. 32FT Deckover lowboy. Ramps with pop up locking center with extended neck and torque tube.

Best trailer I've ever pulled, only trailer I would ever replace it with is an exact twin but newer :)

Twan

Reaction score
Guys with the hyd doves, have you looked under it to make sure the monts are broke?
Mine broke from bouncing.

We ended up making a lock so it can't move up or down.

Reaction score
Guys with the hyd doves, have you looked under it to make sure the monts are broke?
Mine broke from bouncing.

We ended up making a lock so it can't move up or down.

Mine has a lock from the factory. It has broke yet.

From ground to deck, what's the height on that trailer?

I will have to measure it.

Twan

Reaction score
That's good, maybe I just got a bad one.
Oh well got it fixed up really good now.

I love the hyd dove, makes loading way nice.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
This is a standard deckover
Gooseneck3.jpg

This is low profile, or lowboy. These are usually 5"-6" lower than a standard deckover, and you can tell the difference when looking at the deck. You'll usually see metal instead of wood over the tires, and the frame rails that run the length of the trailer. The cross members on these trailers go through the main I-beam frame, instead of sitting on top of it.
gooseneck13.jpg

And this is a bed between the wheel's or low boy, depends who you ask. I have one of these right now that's 8' wide by 25' long and I love it, lighter than deckovers and even lower to the ground. I need to get rid of mine for a longer one sometime soon.
48Gooseneck009.jpg

I wouldn't mind picking up a deckover with a hydraulic dove tail though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online