09S09 recall??

JohnT24

Reaction score
09s09 - speed control deactivation switch fire

I have been ignoring the recall letters from FORD ... due to laziness..

Is this recall necessary or something I can do myself?

It says the truck can catch on fire... :blah:

JohnT24

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398396691.742888.jpg

Sent by mental telepathy.

dsberman94

Reaction score
What's the big deal about making an appointment at the dealership? It's a recall so they shouldn't charge you anything. It would probably only take an hour with an appointment.

JohnT24

Reaction score
What's the big deal about making an appointment at the dealership? It's a recall so they shouldn't charge you anything. It would probably only take an hour with an appointment.

I'm a busy guy.. Lol

Just wondering what the deal was with the recall
If anyone had any technical info.

I will probably schedule it for one of my upcoming vacation weeks.

Sent by mental telepathy.

mustube

Reaction score
It's just replaces a harness that comes off the master cylinder. When I had it done on my old truck, it didn't even take an hour but that of course depends on the dealership. To put it simply, enough trucks have caught fire that they issued a recall. The choice is yours.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I got another one of those letters this week as well. Stuck it with the other three on my fridge.

d7es3l

Reaction score
My brother just got one this week. How long has this recall been around? I can't remember if I got mine done 3 years ago.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I would get it done. I had seen a truck fire and they thought that where it had originated. That was way before the recall. Realistically takes 5 minutes to do. Longer for them to do the paperwork.

zilla68

Reaction score
I got another one of those letters this week as well. Stuck it with the other three on my fridge.

me too, what sucks is even if you schedule it in advance, they seem to take for freaking ever to do even this simple task, and last thing I want to do is spend time being tempted by new trucks everywhere!

dsberman94

Reaction score
The scheduling is basically just so they make sure they have the part at that time. Yes it's a time for you to show up but that doesn't mean much to them. More so they make sure the part is there.

Posted from ***itville, USA

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I have a parts truck right now that burned down because the owner didn't want to have the recall performed. It's a 5 minute fix and worth it IMO. I think Ford started sending recall letters around 2007 for this.

Reaction score
I had a super duty catch on fire from that. Luckily it got put out before it caught the whole truck on fire.

Russ

Reaction score
Get it fixed or don't be a whiney little bitch when your truck catches fire.

Latest posts