PCM reset?

Csilva187

Reaction score
So I apparently fuct something up. Truck won't start anti-theft light flashes no crank, won't communicate with my newest Tuner prob, tried bumping of hot wire, tried disconnecting batteries and etc. I'm assuming I need to have PCM flashed or reset? Anybody deal with this? Everyone locally needs truck In whole and can't do anything with just the PCM? Any help besides the obvious dump the ***'r in the river. Bad week and it's only Tues. Any help would be awesome. Thanks fellers.

Last edited:

Csilva187

Reaction score
Long story short tuner swapping, batteries disconnected, and wrenching on stuff. Stock file on it now, it's deleted of course and been sitting. So threw a tuner at it and got to the "turn key on" part, that's when it froze I guess?

Csilva187

Reaction score
Any secrets why a vehicle will not communicate with IDS at ford dealership? He can't get it to take any factory calibrations and has too manually enter VIN?

sootie

Reaction score
yuuuuup, the pcm is in pats mode and has locked you out.

one thing you can try is turning the ignition on and then going under the hood and jumping it using the jumper wire by the passenger battery. that may reset it.

if not, you must reflash the pcm at the dealer. if the pcm is fried (not likely) i have a used one here with a delete tune stuck in it....

Csilva187

Reaction score
Copy that. He's saying that it don't have a pats system? Lol he can't get it to reflash? Man oh man it's a small town dealer. I'm in a mess. Any pointers? He said I can go down an watch or try.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Copy that. He's saying that it don't have a pats system? Lol he can't get it to reflash? Man oh man it's a small town dealer. I'm in a mess. Any pointers? He said I can go down an watch or try.

Is your truck a lariat king ranch etc? If it is it has PATS if your truck is a XLT XL it doesn't have pats.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

If the truck wont communicate with IDS and all else fails. Your TCM or PCM could be fried.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
A friend of mine just went through pretty much everything you mentioned. Try removing the trailer brake control module and see if it works. IDS wouldn't connect, no communication through tuner, no start, etc. The pcm is locked down for protection currently is what it sounds like..

Edit: I noticed you said you tried jumping the starter.. His truck would crank when he done this, but only like one gauge worked on the dash and his truck wouldn't shift so yours may be PCM/TCM related

Last edited:

Csilva187

Reaction score
I will brother! Thank you. I'm actually taking a personal day to try and get this truck going tomorrow. They put a claim I guess you can call it with this ford hotline. Stinking guys trying to figure it out you know, population here might be 2800 with half that working the Bakken.

Csilva187

Reaction score
A friend of mine just went through pretty much everything you mentioned. Try removing the trailer brake control module and see if it works. IDS wouldn't connect, no communication through tuner, no start, etc. The pcm is locked down for protection currently is what it sounds like..

Edit: I noticed you said you tried jumping the starter.. His truck would crank when he done this, but only like one gauge worked on the dash and his truck wouldn't shift so yours may be PCM/TCM related

Doing same thing, One gauge, shifter stuck in 3, and all.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Well try pulling the trailer brake control module and try and crank.. hopefully it will work

Csilva187

Reaction score
Love Ford's response this morning... You need a new PCM and TCM. What a mess, going to try disconnecting trailer brake control module.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
If the truck will crank when you jump the starter at the passenger side battery, then how could it be the PCM, doesn't even make sense...