Cruise Control Issues 96 F250 5 spd

Bruno2

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get my cruise control to work. Whenever I push the on button nothing happens. I tested the switch and the power supply under the steering wheel and they both work properly. However the indicator light for the cruise doesnt come on and the system doesnt work. Besides testing the wires and swithches under the horn cover I changed the PCM as well and it didnt change anything.

What other components are there to the cruise on these trucks?

aussiestroker

Reaction score
check the deactivation switch on your master cyl, to check bridge the plug with a wire & see if it works, check no brake lights are out in particular 3rd brake light

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
There is no indicator light on the OBS trucks. I had this same problem with my truck when I first got it, but in fact it was me. I was so used to just hitting "set" in my old one, but in the Fords, at least mine, you have to press "on" then press "set". Not trying to sound like a jackazz or anything, but it was a window licker moment for me lol. Also definitely check the deactivation switch like aussiestroker mentioned.

Bruno2

Reaction score
OK , so far I have changed the deactivation switch on the master cyl and made sure the dome and 3rd brake light are operational. I just replaced the clutch pedal switch with a B/W from the parts store as well.

TURTLE

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my cruise control not working as well however my ABS and Parking Break lights are on all the time. Where is this master cylinder I should test? Any other sugestions?

Tom S

Reaction score
If the parking brake light is on cruise will not work. Make sure it is plugged in at the e brake.

Irishcream

Reaction score
So this is the sensor on the Brake Master cylinder? Not the clutch master correct? I have the same issue but I thought there was a cruise light that came on when I pressed the on button. It worked when I bought the truck but didn't shortly after I had the clutch done. I looked for any sensors on the clutch hydraulics but did not find any.

KStiles

Reaction score
ok I have a 97 ford f250 7.3 diesel problem with cruise control change the 3rd brake light and the sensor on the master cylinder, everything is working like its supposed to but some how its not working. don't know where else to look or to try.

MintF2fiddy

Reaction score
I am also having similar problems with my 97 f250 5spd. Cruise worked when I got it but after being stored over the winter it doesn’t. All 3 brake lights work, fuse is good, and I just replaced the deactivation switch. Still no cruise

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Literally working on a 97 5spd and same thing. IDS says the BOO switch is ON which is not correct. Gotta do more digging

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online