11 6.7 chassis truck driving on blown turbo

jrex2506

Reaction score
Long story short stock turbo was pretty much shot on my boss's cab and chassis truck. It was parked until he could order a new turbo kit. Someone drove it by mistake 1.5 hours away. What problems could this have caused? I have the kit on order but worried about the motor.

Btw i know not to drive it blown but what problems could it have caused?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Not sure what "pretty much shot" and "blown" means. Hard to believe the driver didn't notice it wasn't making any boost-would've been a dog.

If the shaft is broken, the single largest risk is engine oil, that should be lubricating the bearing, is making its way into the charge air piping and causing a runaway. Second risk is the compressor wheel bouncing off the cover sending aluminum chunks into the charge air system which will either clog up the intercooler or (very unlikely) make their way to a cylinder.

jrex2506

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Well it started surging really bad i drove it, told him there was a problem. So he drove it a few more times and said it was gone. Its happened before with this truck so i finally convinced him to order the 17' kit for it. Now this happens....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.