Again...Already...SERIOUSLY!

6speedsd

Reaction score
Truck puked on me again yesterday. was either in 4th or OD... Can't remember which. Felt weird when I got on it, kind of lugged then took off. Next light I stopped at I started smelling antifreeze. Just replaced the oil cooler, flushed the coolant, put on new degas cap, and did EGR delete about 2 months ago. Coolant level was at min mark. Checked my ECT/EOT today, and the biggest difference I got was 7 degrees. That was with cruise set on 65. Lower speeds it was like 1-3 degrees. Coolant level hadn't changed in the past 2 months. Is it possible that it was just a random spew, without anything being wrong? I'm running a detuned X-street tune for stock studs from Eric, so it's not like the tune is all that hot. I wouldn't think it's my oil cooler again with temps at most 7 degrees apart. At least I'm hoping not. I really don't want to tear it back down again.

If it matters, I towed my 16ft trailer loaded down all day Tuesday and Wednesday, 100 degrees outside, AC wide open, stop and go traffic, and it never puked. That was with my tow tune as well.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
....What did you do to the heads when the cab was off?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Damn That dont do ****. Tear it apart oem gaskets arp's. Do it right once so you dont have to ne in predicament

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yep, mine was/is just doing the same thing... just dropped it off last night to get studs put in. I'm really hoping this fixes it...

Mine was exactly the same, ECT/EOT within 3-7 degrees, EGR full delete, and definitely pushing coolant out now.

alwil

Reaction score
Yep, mine was/is just doing the same thing... just dropped it off last night to get studs put in. I'm really hoping this fixes it...

Mine was exactly the same, ECT/EOT within 3-7 degrees, EGR full delete, and definitely pushing coolant out now.

Didnt you just do your heads a few months ago?

Mdub707

Reaction score
mike whos doing your studs again?

Justin, shoot me a message on FB or something. You can benefit from this too.

Didnt you just do your heads a few months ago?

No, actually the last time they were done was a couple years ago, but this will be the 3rd time the cab is coming off. I have 88,000 miles. Job has basically never been done right once. That is about to change. Heads are getting decked, and studs going back in. Also have trans issues too, which the last dealer took 7 weeks with, and never fixed. I think, after going to something like 6 different dealers, I have actually found a competent technician who knows how to DIAGNOSE and actually FIX things. :redspotdance:

Members online

No members online now.