Brake issues?

psdguy95

Reaction score
My 95 has been having some weird braking problems once in a while. It started in the winter. Sometimes when i was driving and i would go to stop the truck would feel like it was never going to stop. It took it a lot longer to come to a stop no matter how hard i mashed the brake pedal. It will also do it in heavy rain. Its not all the time though. It that normal? Just don't want to get into an accident because it wont stop.

Tom S

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind is your vacuum pump or leaks in that area. How is the drivebelt as well?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Does it feel like the abs kicks in? I know the abs sucked on my 2000 and when it kicked in the brakes sucked

Tom S

Reaction score
We only have a generic if you want to call it that ABS on the rear only.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
is there any way to safley disable the rabs that wont turn the abs light on? i nearly rear ended somebody the other day because of it

psdguy95

Reaction score
Does it feel like the abs kicks in? I know the abs sucked on my 2000 and when it kicked in the brakes sucked

I couldn't tell you if I feel it kicks in or not. The truck stops fine when it's dry out it's only when things get wet it starts acting weird.

Latest posts

Members online