Auto to Manual Swap Help!

wint

Reaction score
Ok guys i got my trans in and bolted up ready for the first test fire. Go to hit the key and get nothing all the lights come on on the dash but no crank when i bump the key. What could this be? I have the harness plugged in right (i think) and everything else is hooked up. Help!

lsmith33

Reaction score
sounds like somethin to do with a neutral safety switch or w.e its called. somethin like that where its thinkin its in gear an not havin the clutch engaged. dont hold me to it jus a thought lol

lsmith33

Reaction score
i found a few ways to do it just searchin on google but idk if it would be the same process on ur truck.

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not think the chip has anything to do with turning over. I agree you have an issue with the neutral safety/clutch in function. I have the 2002 wiring diagram in the library. It might be of help.

Tom S

Reaction score
As best I can tell you have to remove a jumper and replace that with the Clutch Pedal Position switch. for your application. It looks like to start the white w pink tracer wire is connected to the red w/ light blue tracer wire at both the CPPS or the transmission range sensor.

wint

Reaction score
I plugged in the clutch switch. I also installed a brand new one too but still got nothing

lsmith33

Reaction score
on passenger side fender between the battery an a/c stuff. it should prove that the starter is engaging an workin properly. right tom??

Tom S

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was getting at. Wint I will help if I can with the manuals.

wint

Reaction score
Lo well ill let you know tomorrow what help I might need. Atm I can think that ill need the trans diagram for manual and auto.

wint

Reaction score
I have the auto PCM, i was told it would work. Harness has been changed. There was a empty plug left over after the auto harness what taken out. Neutral safety switch is brand new and hooked up with a brand new bushing installed. I have tried firing with the clutch in chip installed, clutch in chip uninstalled, factory clutch sensor plug plugged in and out.

lsmith33

Reaction score
i didnt think the auto pcm would work on a manual. aint there a reason ones for an auto an one for a manual??

Latest posts

Members online