bout tired of my truck

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
First off I had to do hpop and injectors, so did srp1 and casserly stage 1s. Then had to do a timing cover. So almost $8000 in like two months. Then the pan started leaking again so fixed that. Well today I blew the high pressure oil line to the right head. So it got another ride on the tow truck. Im jus so tired of this chit. If possibe should I get rid of it for something newer?:cursing:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That would be your choice to make.. But man for the money you have put in it, I would keep it and try and get it back out of it.. Selling it will not get you your money back..

But it all comes down to what would YOU be happy with??

Last edited:

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Sounds like you will have everything replaced before too long LOL so just keep it. Seriously though, I would probably just keep it because you aren't going to get your money back out of it, surely not much more can go wrong, my '96 was always VERY reliable for me so I beleive they are good pickups.

Tom S

Reaction score
Those HPOP lines can get weakened if they get twisted while messing with the HPOP.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
trust me most obs guys have been there done that i had a tie rod slip off screwed everything up brakes replaced 3 times in a year cuz the guy who did it the first time screwed them up. i had my adapter plate snap leaky hpop fuel system leaks that took hours to find blown transmissions broken glowplugs and the list goes on now that i got all that fixed over time the truck is good as new it comes with age, afterall the truck is 17 years old

JCart

Reaction score
Hang in there.... Don't sell it you've done a ton of work and put a ton of dough into it. Yes with a 6.4 might be newer, might be shinny but unless you pay cash you'll be puttin money into it ever month....least with what you have you get to choose when to put dough in... Don't forget you've doubled the Hp and T on your ride and it's 15 model years old.... Things will settle out soon. How do you like the new power? I came from the E4OD and love my ZF-5 do a short shifter mod :)

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Id have a 6.4 in the driveway. Fixing stuff gets old quick

Whytry

Reaction score
Keep it no payments every month, yeah you have a few bad spots in the rode but you have a lot of time and money in it so why not just keep it.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well I was in your shoes too, I need a turbo, an hpop, studs.... but the way I look at is do you really want that 600 dollar payment a month? What happens when it breaks down? I'm gonna prolly put another 6k in my obs but I'm not gonna get rid of it I will one day buy a 6.4 or something. After my injectors I'm having to put tonns of money in my 97 but I love my truck I love the look I love the dash. I love the every thing but the d50 lol look at the money going out for a new truck compared to your truck in repairs you put 600 into you obs for 6 years you will have a new truck

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I feel your pain, I have spent over $10k on my truck since the beginning of the year and i still question what's going to break next every time I drive it... As soon as one thing is right something else tears up

Whytry

Reaction score
It reminds me of what people say about boats, Bring Out Another Thousand its the same thing here everything cost money and everything that is made will break

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I like my 7.3 but I am getting tired of shifting gears. I don't necessarily want a 6.4 but something newer would be nice.
I just picked my truck up friday from the shop for an oil leak. But now this, its like never emdeding for days on end. I just don't know what I want to do.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
well if u decide to sell ur truck i want your srp1 i call dips ill send u my working core

jdgleason

Reaction score
If it were me and I had already spent the cash fixing it, I would pull the motor and get it rebuilt. New parts and a new motor, sound proof the cab, and maybe redo some suspension. make it ride and drive like new and be reliable at the same time. You wont get a tenth of the money you just put in it back, so might as well keep going.

chromehound

Reaction score
If you sell it and get something newer can you fix it yourself and if not newer rides generally cost more to have fixed since you need to dang near be a rocket scientist to work on them. Along with the new truck comes payments and higher insurance and higher cost go fast stuff.

Latest posts

Members online