Best heat/uppipe wrap?

DieselDC

Reaction score
What are you guys using with success?

I used DEI stuff and after 1 season it all turned to dust.

Just curious though but why did you wrap it in the first place?

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Zeb

Reaction score
Which DEI product did you use? I’ve always used the Titanium with good results. I have some that has been in service for 5 years and still is in great shape. Granted, it probably doesn’t get as hot as your race car, but has seen 1,600* more times than I can count, and 1,800* several times.
Why a wrap? The point of a wrap is to keep heat (energy) in, to help drive the turbo harder, and keep under hood temps down (if you have a hood). In both cases a wrap will work better than a coating.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Which DEI product did you use? I’ve always used the Titanium with good results. I have some that has been in service for 5 years and still is in great shape. Granted, it probably doesn’t get as hot as your race car, but has seen 1,600* more times than I can count, and 1,800* several times.
Why a wrap? The point of a wrap is to keep heat (energy) in, to help drive the turbo harder, and keep under hood temps down (if you have a hood). In both cases a wrap will work better than a coating.

O a race truck now that makes more sense :) I use my truck for work etc so wrap isn’t needed but I see the practicality for race trucks. Keep the heat in to spool the snail

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Titanium sounds familiar. I am surprised these just didn't last at all, but I guess they can only take so much (when the headers glow orange.)
I am sure there are other competition guys out there running some high EGT's too, I can't be the only one burning these things up.

Zeb

Reaction score
Mine wasn’t a race truck, just a fairly hot street truck/daily driver/tow rig that got beaten on fairly often. I like to wrap the up-pipes and use a turbine blanket on all my rigs just to keep the heat/energy where it can do the most good. I usually use 2 layers of the DEI Titanium and a Tirbo Performance Parts blanket.

Latest posts

Members online