2017+ Chassis Cab turbo ?

Reaction score
A friend and I are both considering buying cab and chassis F-550s, and I noticed on the lot that they have exhaust brakes now. We would like to have pickup horsepower, wondering what the hardware differences are, and if the software differences can be changed emissions on, maybe through IDS. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Usually Ford can retune.
The older trucks were sold at a derated power, until a bed was put on, then they could flash it. But I can't say for anything newer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Danny26

Reaction score
If they are like the 11-15s the emissions equipment are slightly different which might prevent a flash. They are over 14k GVW so stricter emissions.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If they are like the 11-15s the emissions equipment are slightly different which might prevent a flash. They are over 14k GVW so stricter emissions.

ive never seen a ford have a flash issue on a 450 or 550 , whether it be cab and chassis or not ? c&c can be more finnicky , but they all flash fine .

Danny26

Reaction score
ive never seen a ford have a flash issue on a 450 or 550 , whether it be cab and chassis or not ? c&c can be more finnicky , but they all flash fine .

Sorry worded that bad, I meant you might not be able to put the oem pickup truck tune into a C&C due to the different equipment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online