wmo/watf in a 6.4

TurboM700

Reaction score
I just recently got my TDI going, about 300 miles on it so far and I'm presently burning 40% D2 & 60% W85 (WMO) and since it likes that fuel fine in a day or two I think I will go to 80%.

Be carefull with running bio fuels thru VW motor. They have huge kocking(sp) issues unless the fuel lines that run from the IP to the injectors them selfs are insulated and heated.

FYI.

Also for you guys running TDI. Delete the EGR and clean the intakes. Makes a huge difference on how the car drives.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine has the EGR delete sitting in a bag coming with it. Need to tune it to get the engine light off though after right? Clean what part of the intake? Sorry for probably an obvious question, I haven't looked under the hood of one of them ever.

At 45+mpg, I'm not in the least bit concerned with running any sort of alternative fuel in mine haha.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Also looking at a VW for the summer months. 60mi round trip, diesel is equivalent to 5 bucks a gallon here.

My car needs 94 or better octane, 6 bucks a gallon for 94. Almost 8 bucks a gallon for 100LL. 3 speed with a 3.90 gear and a mechanical secondary carburetor.

VW is starting to look like a good idea.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Im bringing this back up cause ive been getting asked if I did it. The answer is yes been run in it since October now and no ill side effects. Even at the 20% I get no haze at idle like in the 7.3. In fact I did get it up to around 50% on accident and it still does fine with little to no idle smoke and a slight odor is all. Mpg seems to be up about half mpg.

These are my findings and to be 100% truth full I run b100 all summer and still ran a percent most of the winter. I do also have a fuel heater on the truck so i can run the bio longer into the winter.

Latest posts

Members online