ELS Sponsored Race!!!!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Elite Lubrication Specialties is extremely excited to sponsor West Michigan True Street Weekend!!!

Three day race
Ok it's time to respond to the race rules and how this will all go.
Day 1--This race will start at Mid Michigan Motorplex on July 7, and they will start to tech in the cars at 1:00 P.M. After tech, each car must make one pass. If time allows, additional passes may be taken. Last pass to be taken by 5:30 p.m.
Racers will leave Mid Michigan and head for Grand Rapids for the night, following the event designated route, and hand in their fastest pass slip at a designated location, then are done for Day 1.
Day 2--All racers/cars will meet at 8:30 a.m. at a central location in the area (yet to be determined). We will be splitting into up into groups, and each group will head to a sponsor business location, to park for an hour to show them some appreciation for sponsoring this one of a kind race event. Next, Plummer's Environmental will be serving us all lunch at 10:30 to 12:30.
From there, all racers/cars will head to 131 Motorsports Park for the second leg of the race. The track will open the gates at 1:00 p.m. and begin tech. We have the track till 5:00 p.m., and again, all racers must make at least one pass there. As racers finish, they'll head back to Grand Rapids to hand in time slips for this second leg, and the rest of that evening is yours.
***There are some local hang outs with other car enthusiasts in the area, which everyone is welcome and encouraged to check out. It's a cool town to hang out on the weekends.
Day 3--Saturday morning, all racers will meet up again at 9:30 a.m., then back again to Mid Michigan Motorplex, again following a designated route, for the final leg of the race.
Once the final passes have been made, and all slips submitted, winners will be announced and prizes awarded.

Additional Details:
-During each drive there will be four stops, and you and your passenger will have to take a picture of a landmark with the car to make sure you're driving the car you're racing.
-Classes are as follows: Pro Street Big Tire-Anything Go's,
Pro Street Big Tire-No Power Adders (i.e. naturally aspirated engines only),
Drag Radial Anything Go's, Drag Radial-No Power Adders. *In this class, you can also run a 29.5 or smaller ET street tire or the equivalent street tire.
Tuner Car-Anything Go's,
Tuner Car-No Power Adders
*This is a 4 to 6 cylinder class, and yes, that includes Grand Am / Grand Prix cars like that.
Diesel Pickup Anything Go's
*Some of theses trucks can make BIG power so watch the times and MPH in this class....mind blowing!
-The FASTEST AVERAGE PASS for the three days wins. The cost is $150.00 to run in each class, and 50% of the proceeds will be given to Spectrum Children's Hospital burn unit. The remainder of the money will be to paid out to the winners of each class. The rules are simple, so fit in one of the classes as shown.
-I'm looking at getting T-shirts made for the racers and passengers, but not yet sure what they will cost if anything.
We will update to let you know as we get closer to the race. -We will also run some decals of the race for participating cars.
I've looked at it again, and the count will stand at 100.
---> Sign ups will be open starting Saturday, March 26th, beginning at 12:00 p.m. A link for registration will be posted on this page prior to that time.
If anyone has any questions, please email me at: [email protected]
Hope to see you there
Howard

Please feel free to ask me any questions!!!! Engineered is also a sponsor, and y'all know Glen will bring some nasty Dodges, so I really want some of Powerstrokes there too, other than mine of course....
There will be a lot of Drag Week card there as well, shaking out the rust for DW. But there is a diesel pickup only class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
We will also be having a party at my place Saturday if enough people show interest.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Free case of Full Torque to every racer that signs up from the Army!!!

joe d

Reaction score
Who is all in this seems intereating but i only have an obs not to pretty lmao

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Ryan Anderson showed some interest as well.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
FYI, it's a 50% payout so the prizes are going to be pretty good. The other 50% is going to a local hospitals burn unit.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I think it's going to be a fun race no matter what you bring. I'm hoping my truck is fast enough to stay on the heaps of those ED guys and maybe I get lucky. But I really don't care about winning, it's about spending time with racers.... And maybe drinking, a lot of whiskey....

Latest posts

Members online