Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

MorganM

Reaction score
p/n 9L3Z-1522008-A
$25/ea from Sunrise

My truck is a '12 with ~35k miles. I've had rattling and creaking doors since new, like any other superduty. I've read comments about replacing the original door strikers with those from a newer F-150 that have additional rubber molding. Finally did it this week and the results are better than expected.

The doors now shut with a thump instead of a metallic thunk. Bumps that would've rattled the doors no longer make a sound. Overall, the cab seems more solid- almost like the tension on the doors is adding rigidity to the entire cab.

It's an easy swap and I think these strikers will fit a wide range of year models. Well worth $100.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 582

Zmann

Reaction score
thanks
you have any links handy
I can't find any post about this but i have heard of it before

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
I think I'll get these. Thanks for posting this. My truck is new and has a hollow sound when closing the doors- cab is solid no rattles when driving but this may be a good replacement just for kicks.

Jomax

Reaction score
I think I'll get these. Thanks for posting this. My truck is new and has a hollow sound when closing the doors- cab is solid no rattles when driving but this may be a good replacement just for kicks.

Same here, maybe it'll fix the cab flex when entering driveways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
I'm just here for work lol plant life hahaha I'll be off around 530 I'm working in la Porte off miller cut off

MorganM

Reaction score
I'll be in La Porte around lunch time and then heading back to League City in the afternoon. I can probably leave a striker in your bed or whatever so long as plant security won't shoot me...

kwelch08

Reaction score
I'll be in La Porte around lunch time and then heading back to League City in the afternoon. I can probably leave a striker in your bed or whatever so long as plant security won't shoot me...

Hahaha yeah they probably won't let you in brother. Gotta have a parking pass to get in and they check every time. I'm off this Sunday so I could probably meet up if you aren't too busy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
my passenger front door always fools me thinking it isn't shut all the way. might just have to try this!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

MorganM

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah they probably won't let you in brother. Gotta have a parking pass to get in and they check every time. I'm off this Sunday so I could probably meet up if you aren't too busy.

I can make that work- lmk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.