Check engine light

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I don't remember now, I cleared it. I had low rail pressure and shut truck off. Upon restart had the light. Took it to AutoZone just to check the code real quick and it stated fuel filter needed to be replaced. Cleared it and no return. All seems fine. I just replaced fuel filters weekend before last

sootie

Reaction score
I don't remember now, I cleared it. I had low rail pressure and shut truck off. Upon restart had the light. Took it to AutoZone just to check the code real quick and it stated fuel filter needed to be replaced. Cleared it and no return. All seems fine. I just replaced fuel filters weekend before last
How do you know you had low rail Pressure

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Was coming home from a trip and got caught in a nasty rain storm at 50 mph due to low visibility and bad traffic, ran me low on fuel, low fuel light came on. By the time I got to an exit with diesel I got a low pressure alert pulling in. Shut her down filled up cycled the key a few times and fired up with the check engine light

sootie

Reaction score
Haha yes I am sure

to my knowledge, i dont believe the dash even has the ability to display low rail pressure however i know it can say "change fuel filter". I also havent seen a code thrown for "change fuel filter"

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Me either thats why im asking, I mean not everyday do I run the truck pretty much out of fuel. I usually fill up as soon as it hits a 1/4 tank but stuff happens. Ive just never seen the low rail pressure message pop up and then I had the code on restart for the fuel filter replacement

ckrueg

Reaction score
When my fuel gelled it said low fuel pressure on the dash, but not low Rail pressure. When I checked the fuel bowl it was empty. I'm guessing that's what happened to you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Triumph1188

Reaction score
I too had a low fuel pressure warning on the dash this winter, followed by a reduced engine power message. I think some moisture got into the tank and there were some issues. It was like 13 below zero. I put it in a garage and started a space heater until it was nice and warm in the garage and I haven't had a problem since.

Are you sure it was low rail pressure? Or low fuel pressure...

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Well I was trying to maneuver my 36' camper off the exit and into the gas station when the message came up but i could have sworn thats what it said, if y'all have all gotten a low fuel pressure then I'm sure thats probably what mine was. But did y'all have a check engine light upon restart after shutdown is my question?

Latest posts

Members online