Anyone else having a hard time deciding on what gauges to go with?

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
I have the isspro white face crome bezel blue lights in mine and love them, theres alot of wireing tho. After over a year there still going strong.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Should have a night shot of all 3 by the end of the week. Bulb covers and socket ship tomorrow from jegs and the boost gauge should be here within the next few days!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dirtboy25

Reaction score
You got black/black, how are they in the day as far as glare, if I'm not mistaken they have a slight roundness to their glass as well? Also can you have a pic handy? Did you go with the ev1 or 2?

They are perfectly visible in the daylite. The glass is flat, and I have the EV2's.

2011-12-12215857.jpg

2011-12-12215607.jpg

cfdeng7

Reaction score
This is the only pic I have of my isspro performaxs

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336388354248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336388354248.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 69

JD3020

Reaction score
I have no glare issue or anything with my guages. Only issue during the day is the sun heats up my Scangauge and makes it very dim, but the Autometer's are fine.

Biggest issue is it seems like i'm wiping them off every morning cause they fog up.

Enoch

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and comments guys, I appreciate it, and they all look great. The Autometer factory Ford match look really sharp and easy to read. Tough call for sure.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Took another pic for you guys

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336470521155.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336470521155.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 62

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i have the isspro ev2 gauges in my truck they were very easy to install, it was worth it to me to spend a little extra coin to not have to deal with the boxes, they are also led back lit so they are very clear and sharp in the dark, they are easier to read than the factory gauges the install was pretty much plug and play but they are a little wire heavy, it took me about 3 hours to put them in start to finish

i also like that they push in from the front so you can get them nice and straight, they match almost perfectly to the factory dash as well. i got them through cary, obswiz, he had the best price on them, and carries lots of other gauges as well

DSCN2772.jpg

Last edited:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I have the black face with orange needle ISSPRO EV1's right now and haven't had any issues with them for 3 maybe 4 years now. They are very clear and visible at night and during the day even with the convex lens. I'm going to be adding a few gauges later this year and plan on going with ISSPRO EV2's and upgrading the two gauges I have right now to the EV2's as well. I've been very happy with them and have always liked how closely they match the factory cluster.

Dustin34520

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and comments guys, I appreciate it, and they all look great. The Autometer factory Ford match look really sharp and easy to read. Tough call for sure.

Agreed! I was thinking about getting a monitor, but after seeing the factory looking gauges I think that may be the route I take.

Enoch

Reaction score
They look great! I have the Glowshift and have tried driving aroud with the backlight in green and blue, I just can't do it. Too hard on meh eyes.

aussiestroker

Reaction score
If you are looking at Autometer, check out the " Ultra Lite II" series. They are led lighting & change from silver face to black at night. I have these in mine & they look great, will post up some day & night pic's tonight (7.40 am in Australia) Here is a link to them. click on night view will give you an idea what they look like

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=3577

aussiestroker

Reaction score
Here are day & night views of "Ultra Lite 11 guages" which are the 3 on right, one on left which is HPOP which they dont make in Ultr Lite 11 series & is lit by normal bulb, so the difference is very clear.

P5190008-Copy.jpg

P5190011-Copy.jpg

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the difference is incredible, also the ulra lite II's are back lit instead of front lit like the other one, i think that makes just as big a difference

Enoch

Reaction score
That is a big difference, can the bulb in ultra-lite II's be changed?
I still haven't decided, actually stopped thinking about it. haha

the chad

Reaction score
I dont think they can be, am i correct in saying that? im in the same boat, so many choices. I have 3 glowshifts on the pillar, and i think im deciding between EV2s or phantoms. Anyone have a good night picture of the phantoms?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I loved my cobalts from day one.. I cant stand the factory green. However AMs quality seemed to drop in the last few years.

I have 9 AM gauges and the 3 I bought back in the day work great, however every single gauge Ive bought since then with the exception of my second pyro has had an issue.
My fuel pressure gauge, I have 2 sensors for it. Swapped it out one day just for chits and giggles. Was a 5psi difference in reading.
Ive always loved AM because of the amount of variety you have to choose from. But if the quality doesnt improve I wont be purchasing anymore. Nor will I recommend them to friends

Latest posts

Members online