CB Radios

David S.

Reaction score
How many of yall run a CB? What kind do you run? What antenna? Where did you mount it? LETS SEE SOME PICS!

I used to run a Cobra 29 LTD with a Wilson 10000 in my old truck and haven't found a good location for one in my 6.4 yet

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
Heres the ony picture I have of mine. Cobra 29...

Attachments

• Cb.jpg
    Cb.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 162

David S.

Reaction score
whats the purpose? Ive seen people running them before but don't really know what they do...

brewer

Reaction score
Cobra 29 w/ bluetooth with a Wilson 1000. Need to get it peaked/tuned still :doh:

brewer

Reaction score
How you like the bluetooth? I've been thinking about upgrading to something with bluetooth
I like it ok, out here in CA we have to use the bluetooth while driving, so nice to be able to just talk on the radio instead of using one of those annoying little ear pieces. But, some have trouble hearing me on it, like it's muffled or something. I've also had people tell me it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. I've had it for about a year and don't talk on the phone in the truck too much, but I'm still trying to get it figured out. Really like the blue lighting on it, though.

David S.

Reaction score
Thats nice that it plays thorugh your truck speakers though. VA is about to enact that same law of no phones while driving so I need to invest in something like that

brewer

Reaction score
Thats nice that it plays thorugh your truck speakers though. VA is about to enact that same law of no phones while driving so I need to invest in something like that
It doesn't go through the speakers, just the CB's speaker. But now that you mentioned it, there's a external jack like most CB's and there's an auxiliary input on my truck's deck, so I might have to look into that. It'd definately be worth it though, sometimes it's hard to hear people on the little CB speaker.

David S.

Reaction score
ok gotcha. I would imagine itd be hard to hear people through that little cb speaker. I know that cobra does make an external speaker and it's very loud once you hook that bad boy up

BMac

Reaction score
For a while I ran a k40 magnetic mount with a pos Radio Shack cb my grandfather gave to me. Actually worked surprisingly well for what it was.

HPIM1771-1.jpg

David S.

Reaction score
I've got a long range two way, identical to a cb in the overhead console in my 6.4. we use them when bear/coon hunting.

do you have any pics of the cb you mounted in your overhead console? I want to put my cb in my 6.4 there but it doesn't want to fit right

Latest posts

Members online