International water pump and 6.0 fan

Northernguy

Reaction score
I need a new water pump and fan, any feedback from guys running either or both long term? I saw some feedback on leaking pumps and oring issues on the filter change valve. Also imploding 6.0 fans? I would like to order parts this week to do my swap next weekend. Thank you

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've got the 6.0 fan on my factory fan clutch on my obs and noticed almost a 9 deg drop in temps. I've got a diesel site water pump coming with the filter so I'll know more on that in the next week or so. Same company makes there's and the international branded pumps I believe.

Northernguy

Reaction score
How long have you had the fan? There were some guys that had them come apart and take out the radiator.

Northernguy

Reaction score
where are people buying them? thinking I may do the sd twin pulley tensioner while everything is opened up too.

Northernguy

Reaction score
is there a big benefit to the filter on the pump vs a remote setup?

Rockauto has a new motorcraft fan for $67.79

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
I've ran the 6.0 fan for over 5 years and at least 100k miles. Not a single issue. And it was a used fan I bought from a salvage yard to begin with.

Northernguy

Reaction score
thank you stroker ace, that is what i was looking for, now pump based versus remote filter?? Seems the pump based filter is low, not sure how much sand would travel up to a remote setup.

Got4wd

Reaction score
I've ran the 6.0 fan for over 5 years and at least 100k miles. Not a single issue. And it was a used fan I bought from a salvage yard to begin with.

I'm about 8 years with 6.0 fan and ih water pump. Used fan and no issues also. Love it.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Who is your pump manufacturer? Seems there are mixed emotions about who builds the International pump.

I have a oem international pump. I did have my seals fail and had to change them out to viton ones after about 8-12 months. Best to do this before you bolt it up in my opinion.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I'm about 8 years with 6.0 fan and ih water pump. Used fan and no issues also. Love it.

Me too. Just wish I can use the 6.0 fan with the Fluidamper.

I have a oem international pump. I did have my seals fail and had to change them out to viton ones after about 8-12 months. Best to do this before you bolt it up in my opinion.

I'm running a Geomar unit. After 2yrs/36k, the gasket between the pump and timing cover is leaking on me in cold weather (under 20*). When the motor gets some heat in it, it stops leaking. But the leak is partially my fault; when I installed the pump, I didn't like how the gasket was sat in the groove.

+1 on the viton o-ring. I also coated the o-ring with silicone grease.

I also did the dual tension update.
Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Why can't you? I can

Sh!t......I forgot, I'm also running an E-fan clutch.

Fluidamper with stock OBS fan....need spacer for fan
Fluidamper with 6.0 fan.............no fan spacer needed
Fluidamper with E-fan clutch/stock OBS fan.....no fan spacer needed
Fluidamper with E-fan clutch/6.0 fan......????? maybe fan to close to rad

Billy T.
[email protected]

Northernguy

Reaction score
Billy,

Where did you get the Geomar unit? Is that the OE manufacturer for International? Was the fluid damp a large improvement?

I need to do the block heater I believe while I am in there not finding them on Rockauto, anyone think of where they would have them classified?

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Sh!t......I forgot, I'm also running an E-fan clutch.

Fluidamper with stock OBS fan....need spacer for fan
Fluidamper with 6.0 fan.............no fan spacer needed
Fluidamper with E-fan clutch/stock OBS fan.....no fan spacer needed
Fluidamper with E-fan clutch/6.0 fan......????? maybe fan to close to rad

Billy T.
[email protected]

What e clutch are you using? Worth installing?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Mail ordered it from a place in NYC called Mondial. Don't if they are the OE manufacturer. Yes, motor is much smooth. If you decide to get one, you to swap the water pump pulley to a SD one. If you don't, you'll never get the serpentine belt on.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.