Custom fuel system

xSmokyx

Reaction score
Me and my buddy were tossing up the idea of running a AirDog 2 in my 96 powerstroke and being able to regulate through the airdog. Now we were think about feeding back of the heads and coming out of the front of the heads and returning to tank, I wanna get rid of the valley mounted regulated return I have now, do I need to have a regulated return and if so can I mount it on frame out of the way?

xSmokyx

Reaction score
I have 170/80 injectors and a 66mm turbo, running efuel right now with a regulated return up top (it leaks like crazy) is why I wanna replace/upgrade

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
You could do a regulated feed and feed all 4 corners with regulated pressure. It will work just fine once you use a different pump.

Or do a regulated return, just tie the front of the 2 heads together with a T, and run a single in, single out regulator down on the frame rail. But even with this set up you need to use a different pump. AD systems were not designed to keep up with our high volume high pressure needs

I also feel as tho a regulated return keeps the pump cool as there is always fuel running thru the pump to cool it. A regulated feed just pressureizes and sits there until you use it.

Give marty a call @ martys diesel and he can hook you up with a system that mounts the regulator down on the frame rail or a 4 corner feed system.

xSmokyx

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys appreciate the feed back gonna just get a new engine mounted regulator and clean it up a bit previous owner has a rats nest of fuel line for no reason

Latest posts

Members online