Dads truck is smoking

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
2008 6.4 all stock, while plowing the other day I noticed it put out some good white/blue smoke. It did it 2x for about 60 seconds each and then stopped. It would show up most when I would get on the throttle (Not floored just plowing speeds).

Is this the re-gen or could it be something else. Truck runs fine with no issues

sootie

Reaction score
it will be going into regen. *** is likely fatigued. does it have a really rank odour when its doing that?

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Ive had it go into it before while towing and I noticed it but the snow was light and didn't require much power anyways so it was hard to tell if it was low on power or not.

does anyone else's smoke white will re-gen?

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to get him to get rid of that and the EGR. He keeps dragging his feet though, maybe this will give him a little bump to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hersixfour

Reaction score
Man, my truck did that like crazy when I had the emissions equipment on and it went into regen. Stunk so bad. Have had the stuff off for a few months now and it hasn't smoked since, defiantly remove that stuff

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The white smoke during regen is typically due to the cat not lighting and burning the extra fuel off. So getting rid of all that crap will fix the issue as wellas help with fuel mileage and all what not.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Awesome, I think that might help me convince him. He is most interested in the mileage increase but I think if it starts blowing white smoke on him it will put him over the top.

f350guy

Reaction score
Awesome, I think that might help me convince him. He is most interested in the mileage increase but I think if it starts blowing white smoke on him it will put him over the top.

Do not forget about being able to push the motor oil further since the regen is gone. I bought my truck new and have had the oil analyzed just about every oil change, even dino Mobil Delvac allowed around 10000 miles for an OCI on normal driving once regen was eliminated

That too saves money in the long haul whether you do it yourself or pay a shop.

d.evil

Reaction score
Man, my truck did that like crazy when I had the emissions equipment on and it went into regen. Stunk so bad. Have had the stuff off for a few months now and it hasn't smoked since, defiantly remove that stuff

Same here...It was so bad on my truck it was embarrassing! I'm amazed no one called me in for excessive smoke. It hasn't done it since ******d, and runs so much better. No more smoke as well, just a slight puff of black but only when standing on it from a start until turbos light. Not "rolling coal" at all, can't stand that. It gives diesel owners a bad name IMO. Anyway I'm pretty happy with the canned H&S tunes. Fuel mileage increased by 5-8mpg as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online