Low icp

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Truck started 2 weeks ago ran for about 30-45 min while I pushed snow. Came back truck was dead pulled in heated shed doing some checks thought cps was bad. Replaced with gray motorcraft. Got mechanic to hook scanner to it said I was only getting 150 psi while cranking. Said hpop is bad is there anything else I can do to check before I replace pump?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

ju015dd

Reaction score
Unplug ICP sensor first to see if it will start unplugged. If so bad sensor. Check and make sure IPR sensor is plugged in. Check the tin nut is tight on IPR. I would remove the hoop res screw on housing to make sure there is oil in there. If not it may be bypassing oil and IPR could be stuck open. How many miles on your injector o rings?

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Icp is 6 months old, ipr is new, pump is new. fried starter last night purging air after pump change. Was getting 150 psi on scanner before pump change now reading highest at 70 psi. I have to go get starter from arnold motor in the morning.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Icp is 6 months old, ipr is new, pump is new. fried starter last night purging air after pump change. Was getting 150 psi on scanner before pump change now reading highest at 70 psi I have to go get starter from arnold motor in the morning.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Your gonna have to pop the valve covers and look for oil coming from injector seats or else where.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was kinda thinking starter is shot so I have pick one u tomorrow to dig further.

Latest posts

Members online