Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 09-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default FFD Rail System

Anyone have any input on this new product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

That looks interesting.
In for details.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

What a crock of ****. It's all about volume people. How is this gimic going to increase volume of oil to feed big hungry injectors. The only thing that's going to cure that is a bigger pump plain and simple.

Sure your pressures will be up only because now you have a big ass restriction in the oil log,(manifold). The only thing that will be happy is your ecm because it wont throw a code because the pressure is now fine. But your injectors are still running short . Simple band aid fix for a CEL . Nothing more.

Everyone knows you cant compress a liquid so how can making the oil log smaller increase presure??
Once the log is full of oil it wont make any diffrence. Wow.
Dana 60 front with rsk kit. 5" blocks in rear. 4:10 on 35s. Blackwater reman 7.3 with arp studs , comp springs. 175/80 pis inj, adrenalin hpop,irate fuel system with fuel lab pump. Borg warner 364.5 fmw with 1.00 a/r housing. EC450 horton electric fan clutch. ZF5 shaker.
--16 f350 ccsb lariat 6.7 tuned and D-leted!!😈
--15 VW passatt TDI sport. Tuned and D leted 6 speed

Last edited by Swaan; 09-03-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaan View Post
What a crock of ****. It's all about volume people. How is this gimic going to increase volume of oil to feed big hungry injectors. The only thing that's going to cure that is a bigger pump plain and simple.

Sure your pressures will be up only because now you have a big restriction in the oil log,(manifold). The only thing that will be happy is your ecm because it wont throw a code because the pressure is now fine. But your injectors are still running short . Simple band aid fix for a CEL . Nothing more.

Everyone knows you cant compress a liquid so how can making the oil log smaller increase presure??
Once the log is full of oil it wont make any diffrence. Wow.
My thoughts exactly.
I can’t see how making the rail volume smaller is going to help anything. I’d like to hear from someone who has tried it.

Last edited by Zeb; 09-03-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

As soon as I saw this I just said to myself, oh ****, here it comes lol.
Iím sure there is a diminishing point of return based on how much oil your injectors move but no thanks.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:19 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Because it tricks the simpletons. The gauge reads higher but the volume of oil just isnít there.
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015
Old 09-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Yup..... basic fluid dynamics. Big ass oil hungry injectors need a bigger displacment pump to keep up with demand.
No smaller oil rail is going to magically supply more oil.
Dana 60 front with rsk kit. 5" blocks in rear. 4:10 on 35s. Blackwater reman 7.3 with arp studs , comp springs. 175/80 pis inj, adrenalin hpop,irate fuel system with fuel lab pump. Borg warner 364.5 fmw with 1.00 a/r housing. EC450 horton electric fan clutch. ZF5 shaker.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I’m not gonna jump on here a start a fight over the product. But what I will do is back it up. Think about how we came up with this problem to begin with. The stock pump could keep up with stock injectors. We enlarged the injectors by taking material away from the HPO system in the form machine the intensifier piston. So we had to add more oil to the system by way of a modified pump or a dual pump setup. But we kept over thinking the problem. So the thought of adding material back to the system came about. But not adding it to the injector area, but up stream in the oil log area. Essentially, we took a fire hose that had been hooked up to the house for so long and attached a regular garden hose. When we slipped the rails in to the motor, all of a sudden, our pressure came back. We didn’t have to rely on the pump to maintain that huge chamber. We allowed that rail system to take up some area. When it did that, it allowed the pump to not work as hard, and still maintain proper pressure to the system. The ICP went up and the IPR dirt cycle went down. It allowed less work out of the pump and was able to dump more oil out of the system than it needed to use.

If you’ve seen the drag truck running any this year, it’s been running a set of 400/300’s on these rails and an Adrenaline. No tricks. No gimmicks. No special DieselSite pump or an overdrive unit or anything. The truck has been running in the 6’s consistently.

We wouldn’t put a product to market like this if we were trying to pull a fast one on people. It’s not a gimmick. Our company has been in the industry too long to do that to people. Our reputation with our customers, and the dealers we work with, come first. We know we will have naysayers, but once we get all of the data out there, we hope to surprise a lot of people, help customers run bigger injectors and to make more power than before because they couldn’t afford to run a twin pump setup.

I’m open for questions on it, but don’t know how much I’ll be able to answer not being a sponsor.
BTS
Race Weight: ????
Old 09-04-2019, 07:50 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Things that make you go, hmmmm.

live life full throttle
Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Sorry. Still not buying it.

Only reason your icp went up and duty cycle down is because the manifold cant supply the injectors the same amount of oil . A direct result of the restrictions in the log.

Your drag truck going 6s with those injectors speaks huge for the dieselsite adrenaline pump, nothing else. I guarentee you if you took those things out of the rails and put another pump on that truck your power will go up.

Once that log or manifold is full oil and no air it shouldn't matter how big it is . After all it's the injectors that "need" the oil . If there was a way to read the presure at the injector itself after the rail it would be telling you a whole different story.

Ever stop to think that the engineers at international designed the oil rail that big for a reason?

Last edited by Swaan; 09-04-2019 at 08:00 AM.