Clutch Hydraulics replaced still not working!!

brockshields38

Reaction score
Hey guys so Ive been having some real issues with my clutch hydraulic system. In the past year I've gone through 4 Slave cylinders (external mount) so finally after having enough of replacing the slaves I decided to buy the whole system (master cylinder, line, and slave) in a pre-bled system just so I could be sure that it wasn't my own mistake of not being fully bled. So anyways I put this whole thing in today and still my clutch isn't fully engaging. It doesn't engage enough to put it in gear but while I'm driving it engages enough to drop the revs back down to idle. (Yes I can drive it with no clutch, and yes the start off is horrid and makes me cringe) so I'm wondering what you guys think I should do. Im tired of replacing these parts I don't understand what the issue could be. Is this something temporary? Will it start to work fully if I just drive it more? The clutch pedal itself doesn't return fully to the top either but there is pressure under it. And yes my clutch disc is in good condition. Thanks in advance for your help

glovemeister

Reaction score
You need to check and see the slack in your clutch pedal to eye bushing for slave. Overtime they wear and cause engagement issues.

Also, check to see if your clutch fork is bent or worn, and the same for the clutch fork pivot point. It is a dome piece of steel that overtime wears and causes issues with the clutch. This part is NLA from Ford so will be custom made unless you can find one in junkyard.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
They offer adjustable rods that hook up to the pedal. You can adjust it so there is no free movement. Pedal assembly tight?

Reaction score
As mentioned, make sure that the clutch pedal linkage doesn't have slop at the master rod bushing. It can get sloppy due to the bushing disintegrating, the rod end hole wearing abnormally, or the corresponding nub on the arm being worn (or all 3). Also make sure there isn't slop in the brake/clutch mainshaft bushings. Cheers!

brockshields38

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Yea there seems to be some slop in the bushings under the dash. Moves backwards about 1/4inch when I press the pedal. Anyone have a part number?

brockshields38

Reaction score
As for the eBay response. My old push rod has that end. Should I swap out and put that rod back in instead of the new one that came with the kit?

brockshields38

Reaction score
Update: ***FIXED***
took putting the old pushrod back in that already had the adjustable linkage head, total adjustment was about 1/16" compared to the new pushrod that came with the master cylinder (after readjusting push rod out 1/32") and that extra bit was to take out a little more of the slack that was there before but now it is fully engaging and disengaging. Thanks everyone for their input

Latest posts

Members online