Charging System and Voltage Norms

Redvtwin2

Reaction score
Recently, My friend and I installed a small subwoofer, amp, and head unit into my 07 F250. We had the truck key on for quite some time without the engine running , and upon starting it, it was obvious the batteries barely got her running - which was a new thing for my rig. I ran it for a little, turned it off, and it started much better the second time, but again, was slower than usual.

Noting my battery voltage was running between 12-12.5, I had the batteries load tested and confirmed one was bad. I replaced both with new batteries (850ccs) and saw a small improvement to normal idle at 13.3-13.5. However, I was still getting slow starts.

I went to autozone and had then test the alternator and confirmed it as bad too. I replaced it today with a new 140 amp unit. Now, My rig cranks fine....buy my battery voltage remains at 13.3-13.5. I read that many see 14 and above at idle and mine is never there. Is this normal voltage levels?

My FICM stays at 49 almost always. Every now and then I will see it fluctuate to 47 bit pops back up pretty quick. Btw - I live in Florida ref temps.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

03_PSD

Reaction score
Numbers seem good to me too. Usually I see higher voltage like 14v in the mornings then the batteries top off then its usually 13.3-13.6.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.