Front bumper pushing into headlights and fenders. Frame flexing. please help

brandonmc07

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my front bumper pushes up into my headlights and fenders whenever I drive over uneven terrain such as driving over a curb or through a ditch. It doesn't take much at all. Even driving one wheel on top of a parking block. I know the frame is obviously flexing, causing the bumper to move. It just seems to me that it should more than driving over a curb to cause this. Am I supposed to have one of those "crash bars" installed in the front? From what I've read, that's an excursion thing and doesn't affect the structural integrity of the frame. Anyone else with this problem? I put a new steering box in a year ago and now the output shaft moves in and out of the box when I put a pry bar underneath it. I feel like the frame flex has caused the drag link to push up and pull down on the pitman arm to much and ruined the gearbox. Now it pops anytime I'm turning though even a slight divet in the road. Like backing out of a driveway.

brandonmc07

Reaction score
What tells you that it's cab bushings? The part where I say that I'm hearing popping or the frame flexing?

brandonmc07

Reaction score
Upper track bar fitting was the culprit. Going to go to a adjustable to prevent future failure. This is 2 in less than 2 years.

brandonmc07

Reaction score
The track bar was the popping noise. I do think the mounts need replaced. Do you guys have the crash bar installed on your trucks?

brandonmc07

Reaction score
7/8 body mounts replaced. I couldn't get the passenger side position 3 mount off. I'll give it another shot when I get the time. I used to daystar poly kit. Cab is no longer shifting. I did end up with a larger gap between the headlights/grill and the top of the bumper though, but it's probably due to having an 05 bumper/grill on an 2001. Thanks to who recommended changing the mounts out. It was a pain though! about 16 hours.

Latest posts

Members online