What is this noise

Cody1898

Reaction score
This starts right after start up and does it the whole time the engine runs. Drives me crazy and I have no clue what it is. The video is a little long. It’s does it after the engine is off for 20 seconds or so

https://youtu.be/uTo7W28ZNN8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
that is the wastegate solenoid for sure. There is a TSB about it but ford says the noise is normal lol. I am running a 15 style turbo on mine so i dont have a wastegate anymore therefore i just unlpugged the solenoid and i dont get any codes and best of all no annoying noise.

its located just underneath the hot side pipe.

Cody1898

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the 15 style turbo myself and removed the egr. Trying to track the noise it sounds like it’s coming from under the fuel filter housing on the motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that is the wastegate solenoid for sure. There is a TSB about it but ford says the noise is normal lol. I am running a 15 style turbo on mine so i dont have a wastegate anymore therefore i just unlpugged the solenoid and i dont get any codes and best of all no annoying noise.

15s don't have a gate?

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Ford does not say its normal. Tsb is to replace the wastegate solenoid vacuum harness.

Powderhound

Reaction score
I just had this exact issue a couple weeks ago.
They are correct. $45 part
About an hour install with no special tools needed. Just small hands that can get back into the wastegate to install the larger vac line, wicks cured my issue.

Latest posts

Members online