S472sxe and 350/200 build

7.3obs

Reaction score
Last i read the available pids were quite slim on the older trucks. Make sure you read the pid list to ensure it has what you want on it. Now of course if you are planning on using the EAS system then you add whatever you want...

I'll check into it, thanks for the info!

And I will for sure post a video with the new tuning. I hope it's here before the weekend.

njjeep

Reaction score
You should do a boost leak check I swore I never had a boost leak but a did. Also, I ran that setup and mine was pretty smoke free with gearh*ad tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.3obs

Reaction score
Got my hydra today, egts are much better!! Smoke cleans up nicely once the turbo spools, shift points are better. I'll get a video up soon.

On another note. Sometimes I'll be in the throttle, truck will get over 40 pounds of boost then it just drops right to zero fast! Like a boot just blew. I went to the hardware store and got some pvc and a guage but the wrong size pvc for the boots :doh: it's weird because it doesn't do it all the time. Im for sure going to check for a boost leak but I feel it's a wire or a bad sensor. And with that being said sometimes I get a check engine code, truck becomes sluggish, if I come to a stop it will stall. And of course my snapon mt2500 took a crap on me the other day so I can't pull codes. I will start the truck back up and it's fine. I checked the icp for oil and it did have some on the connector, the sensor is brand new from when I put the motor in. I blew the oil out and plan to check that again tomorrow, any other ideas besides getting a code reader on it. Gunna snag me another snap on mt2500 off fleabay soon.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Maybe your MAP sensor is going out. But tunes should do away with that.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Maybe your MAP sensor is going out. But tunes should do away with that.

I swapped icp tonight with an old one I had laying around, same issue. Tomorrow will be map, then if its still acting up I'm going to get the right pvc for boost leak and order another snap on reader. I'll be posting back!

7.3obs

Reaction score
Inlet boot on the turbo is collapsing.

I do have a pre cleaner sock around the 6637 from riff raff on it. I will pull that off! Let her breathe some more!

sootie

Reaction score
I do have a pre cleaner sock around the 6637 from riff raff on it. I will pull that off! Let her breathe some more!

that may not be enough. If you still have the rubber boot or elbow on there, take it off and try again.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Changed filter and it's been fine since! Thanks uncool for the insight!

My dipstick flange is leaking now, going to get some more gray death, take nut off and put some sealant around it and cut out of round gasket and hope that fixes it, other than that I have no other leaks...for now.

My max tune on the hydra is still smokey and it gets hot fast! The shift points are great! That bts was worth the 5! Going to have gh email me another tune for all out tune and hopefully they get it dialed. I'll be rolling 20-30 and lay into it, turbo lights and it's still just belching out soot, I'll get out of the throttle and after a 1/4 mile I can look back and still see the smoke lingering.

Also my pump loses its prime if it sits over night, I need an inline check valve.

7.3obs

Reaction score
What diameter inlet pipe are you using? Sure looka small on my little screen.

It's what ever irate sends with their kit, believe is 5inch elbow off turbo, reduced down to 3inch pipe then my 6637 filter

fordman67

Reaction score
I did 4" on mine. 6637 clamps on 4". I would make sure its NOT 3" that would be a nasty restriction for that big charger to suck thru. Just a suggestion

7.3obs

Reaction score
I did 4" on mine. 6637 clamps on 4". I would make sure its NOT 3" that would be a nasty restriction for that big charger to suck thru. Just a suggestion

Irates t4 kit came with the 5inch elbow off the turbo, a bushing to bush it down to whatever size pipe that came with their kit and my 6637 fits on it so maybe it is 4 inch.

But this is a video my buddy took, from a dead stop. Max tune from gh. Is this suppose to be this smokey? Hate to keep bothering them about tunes but I hate how smokey this truck runs!! Almost thinking about trying tyrant or swamps tuning.

https://youtu.be/sFRGAmSyVPc

Let me know what you guys think!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Have you monitored pulse width during the run? What were your egts and boost pressure like ?

Coming out of the hole the all out tunes will smoke. But once you get up on the turbo it should clear up.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Have you monitored pulse width during the run? What were your egts and boost pressure like ?

Coming out of the hole the all out tunes will smoke. But once you get up on the turbo it should clear up.

I have nothing to monitor pw with yet, my egts are way over 1500* and boost is 50-55psi. I've spoke with gh and they got the shift points right, but still wayyyy too smokey!!!

turboTwang6

Reaction score
Mike, just grab one of the ELM327 bluetooth adapters off amazon.com. They are like $30, and then get the torque app (assuming you have an android phone). Enable extra PIDs for ford and then you can read just about whatever you want. You can also log it and then graph it later to get a better idea of whats going on.

If you want to swing down some weekend I can throw my little obdii scanner on it.

link: https://www.amazon.com/ELM327-Versi...D=41QJrVwzqqL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I have the $100 model. It does something more I can't remember. I think quite a few people have the $30 model with good success. If you get it from Amazon and it doesn't work, they return easily.

turboTwang6

Reaction score
That thing has great reviews... is it 30$ because you have to buy 6 of them before you get one that works?

That one might be one if the crappy ones. I'll have to look at what brand I have but it's definitely an elm327, been using it for quite a few years on all sorts of stuff and it hasnt missed a beat. Works better than the 90 dollar obdlink MX i bought when i lost the other one for a while

Latest posts

Members online