Sway bar on 40"s?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Any of you guys running 40" or more. I'm wondering if you've installed a Hellwig rear sway bar if you noticed much if any change? I still have the stock bar and am experiencing some sway. Probably from the lift, I get that. I expect some. But will the upgrade Hellwig change much? Thx for your thoughts. Jim

Jomax

Reaction score
On a stock height truck going from the stocker to a Hellwig was very noticeable. I'm sure it's going to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
I went with the Hellwig and 37's
it worked well for me and the end links are easy to lengthen
just cut and sleeve with pipe

Betarocker

Reaction score
While there is a certainty that the Hellwig bar will help control roll, it will also decrease articulation.

The root of the problem is the parallel links on the front. The nature of the design has a very low anti-dive resistance. As the wheels slows down to turn, the truck dives and the forces pushing towards the outside of the turn will result in a higher body roll.

I have friends with 10" and 12" OUO 500 Series lifts and they don't even use anti-sway bars with no ill effects. These trucks and axles are engineered for radius arms.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I was concerned about the articulation. Although it can be confused with sway, there's a lot more going on when you get a little higher. I was hoping the sway bar would somewhat 'control' what I call the top end body sway of where I sit, and not be a detriment to articulation, if that's makes any sense.