Current Motorcraft Steering Linkage Part Numbers

Peroni

Reaction score
Helping someone with a 96 SRW 4x4 F350 that needs all new steering linkage, after 310K it is seriously worn out. She wants to replace it all with Ford parts and I have MEOE-133, MEOE-96, MDOE-13 and MEOE-51 for the links, ends and adjusters.

I think those are all the updated Motorcraft numbers? The only one I'm having trouble finding is MEOE-96, it is out of stock at several places and between $175 and $220 at the few places that have them. I have found MDS1071 as a cross over, it is cheaper at about $95. Is this the right part or a lighter duty version?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Helping someone with a 96 SRW 4x4 F350 that needs all new steering linkage, after 310K it is seriously worn out. She wants to replace it all with Ford parts and I have MEOE-133, MEOE-96, MDOE-13 and MEOE-51 for the links, ends and adjusters.

I think those are all the updated Motorcraft numbers? The only one I'm having trouble finding is MEOE-96, it is out of stock at several places and between $175 and $220 at the few places that have them. I have found MDS1071 as a cross over, it is cheaper at about $95. Is this the right part or a lighter duty version?
after all the crap i have been going through with the oem replacement steering components on my 6.7, id go with moog it xrf or the like. something with grease fittings cuz the factory stuff anymore sucks.. but that may be different for the older trucks. also, if it is substantially cheaper then it is more than likely a motorcraft value line part. as in a cheaper version..

live life full throttle

Peroni

Reaction score
I have XRF on my own truck and don't like them. At 70K they are getting loose and had bad tie rod roll from day 1 which even my worn out rusty stock parts never had. MOOG is mostly outsourced from Asia these days and quality is hit or miss so I stay away. Customer wants Motorcraft, or failing that perhaps Spicer. I'll check into that other part being part of a value line.

Reaction score
Agreed on the XRF, I fell in with the crowd and ordered, the tie rod roll was an issue. I made a pair of "cups" and a urethane washer and so far no roll issues. Way easier to control on the Moog on my other F350. Not sure you can trust Motorcraft either though.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Funny you bring this up. I have all the pieces except the meoe 96. The 1071 looks the same to me and I can’t figure out what’s different. I do have a spacer that was made to prevent tie rod roll and will only work with oem boots. I have never seen spicer part numbers for any of the ford Dana 60.

79jasper

Reaction score
I've heard of some called mevotech terrain plus. (Or something like that)
Haven't really seen any reviews though. But it's said they are made better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jschildm

Reaction score
I am certainly no expert on the matter, but have seen where some people said that the NAPA Premium line was Spicer. I have the tie rod roll on my existing joints. For this reason, I recently purchased a drag link end and decided to try the NAPA Premium version. I still can't confirm its exact origin, but it has a stiffer boot that compresses as the joint is torqued that holds the joint in position well. When additional joints are required, I will be getting more NAPA Premium parts.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Wasn't there someone making a spacer for the drag link roll?

They all SUCK!!!!

The OEM ball joints are Spicers, the linkage is manufacturer specific.

There is a difference between FoMoCo parts and Motorcraft. Sometimes you can not get the FoMoCo parts. Example...the black factory batteries with the eye that came with the truck.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Got4wd

Reaction score
Wasn't there someone making a spacer for the drag link roll?

They all SUCK!!!!

The OEM ball joints are Spicers, the linkage is manufacturer specific.

There is a difference between FoMoCo parts and Motorcraft. Sometimes you can not get the FoMoCo parts. Example...the black factory batteries with the eye that came with the truck.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I was the one making a spacer. I will post a pic later.

Peroni

Reaction score
I have numbers 410-1033, 410-1034, 401-1425 and 425-1001 for the now defunct Raybestos Chassis parts. Weren't these made by Dana/Spicer? I can get a set of these "old stock" parts for just under $300, Motorcraft for just over $500 or Napa Premium for just under $600.

Reaction score
Raybestos is/was owned by Affinia- who also bought Spicer- the Pro quality are Spicer parts. Affinia sold the chassis line to Federal Mogul.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinia_Group

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reading that I see that WIX filters now belong to Mann-Hummel.

Meantime Baldwin Filters now belong to Parker..........

I have pics of a tie rod roll eliminator I came up with. Poly washer, 2 machined "cups" No Roll. Couple hours on an old lathe for the washers.

Peroni

Reaction score
I purchased and installed the Motorcraft parts per the owner's request. The parts looked very nice, no indication as to who or where they were made on either the parts or boxes. They all fit fine, took the truck for an alignment and all is good. Tight steering again and no tie rod roll to speak of, owner is very happy. Be interesting to see how long these last. Truck is always heavily loaded and she puts a lot of miles on it going to horse events.

Latest posts

Members online