EGR/DEF with aftermarket turbo

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I've got a question, is it possible to run say an H&S SXE kit but still retain the DdEeF/ EeGgR? I'm just thinking ahead in case for some reason they decide to start doing diesel emissions and I purchased this kit. Also let's say I'm using the dual fueler as well, any issues? Or is all this mainly tuning based?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I've got a question, is it possible to run say an H&S SXE kit but still retain the DdEeF/ EeGgR? I'm just thinking ahead in case for some reason they decide to start doing diesel emissions and I purchased this kit. Also let's say I'm using the dual fueler as well, any issues? Or is all this mainly tuning based?

I could be wrong but I think your limited to factory ford style turbo chargers to keep the DeePF on tuning etc. Even with dual fuelers I think you're whooped with factory tuning.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Yeah I am screwed if I have to go back, saved the parts but I think the dual fueler put me over the edge. I think Morgan said a streetmax will run with def/egr intact but I'd call him to verify.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think your limited to factory ford style turbo chargers to keep the DeePF on tuning etc. Even with dual fuelers I think you're whooped with factory tuning.

Well that sucks but good to know. I'm just looking to the future, hopefully there won't be any diesel emissions testing but I guess I could get away with a 15 turbo kit and still retain all the "bad" stuff LOL!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Well that sucks but good to know. I'm just looking to the future, hopefully there won't be any diesel emissions testing but I guess I could get away with a 15 turbo kit and still retain all the "bad" stuff LOL!

Hell yeah man! You can still push some good power with a turbo upgrade...

Latest posts

Members online