Where's the oil going?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
So the other day I get in crank up my truck and take off down the road. When hit the pedal to take off it was knocking with no power. Checked oil and it was 4 quarts low. The motor has @320k miles on it and it's been @2000 miles since last oil change. I run 15/40 chevron delo and motor craft oil filters. This is what the other engine started doing. I don't have blow by nor do I have any smoke. No oil in the coolant,or in the fuel. I have had a loss in turbo boost in the past year. My upipes need changing and I've got billowed to go in just haven't taken the time. No oil leaks or at least major leaks. When injectors start getting weak do they let oil pass through?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Do keep in mind, a small oil leak can turn into a bigger oil leak going down the road, as rpm's increase, crank case pressure increases, oil pressure increases, etc. With that said, if you're positive the oil isn't going into the fuel, and it's not from the oil leak(s) it is probably turbo related. Definitely seperate the downpipe from the turbo and check for oil. Could be on the intake or exhaust side. As ctc said, check your intercooler for excessive oil. A bit is normal, if you're crank case is still factory routed back into the intake, but you should not have alot of oil. That is why I'm a fan of venting to the atmosphere. If you have oily residue in the intake tract, while vented, then you know it's the compressor side seal on the turbo. Beyond that, valve seals and piston rings are possible, but not likely if you have no blowby...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.