Low voltage and P0620 code

Badland

Reaction score
Ok so the past couple of days I kept getting the battery light on for a few min then it would go off but it was throwing codes P0625(generator field/F Terminal circuit low) and P0703(brake switch B circuit)

So I got the new brake switch for the master cylinder and installed then I also put a new alternator in it from cheap ass O'rileys because no one had one in stock here

After I install everything and hook the battery's back up cycle the key 3 times and start the truck it ran for maybe 10 sec and that damn battery light on again :fustrate: but my volts are around 14.3 while driving and 14.0 idling :shrug:

Pull code on my mini maxx and it's P0620(generator control circuit) :fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:

So iam thinking it's the good ole O'rileys alternator being wrong or defective
So I swap in the old stock one tonight and now it's only sitting at 11.7 idle and while driving it stays at 11.7

And that damn battery light is still on with the old stock alternator and code P0620

Iam at a loss right now and getting frustrated quick anyone have any recommendations on what to try?

I was thinking just order one from ford in the am and try there alt but I don't wanna keep spending money on alternators when I can be doing something else

Thanks guys

Stroked777

Reaction score
Check the connector on the altenator for corrosion, if it looks bad buy a new one pig tail from ford, if you can wait order one from sunrise ford, they are sponsor and seek parts very cheap, free shipping

Brake switch isn't part of it, I have the same code and only thing that effects is my cruise control from working some times

cgiltner86

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but did you ever get any resolve to this? Having the same issue.

Latest posts

Members online