Need advice asap

ghohouston

Reaction score
Pulled dash on a 6.4 yesterday to replace heater core. Truck started and ran fine before. Got all back together, and the ignition will not do anything, moves about 1/4 turn. I have quadruple checked all connectors, and the grounds in the passenger kick panel. The cluster does not come on or anything. Checked all fuses as well. This guy needs his truck up and running asap. Thanks in advance

co04cobra

Reaction score
Try switching the 2 bigger plugs under column itself. IIRC those 2 can interchange.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I considered that, but didn't want to do so and blow a bunch of fuses, but at this point i guess it's worth a shot. What gets me is the ignition not turning its full travel. Unless on the 6.4 it has some sort of electric lock...

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy and ask, but did you wiggle the steering wheel either way while turning the key? The wheel lock hasn't engaged? Dunno, I'm not a newer truck guy but I've busted more than 1 ignition lock cylinder that way. I know I know, I'm a dumbass :doh:

JMart

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy and ask, but did you wiggle the steering wheel either way while turning the key? The wheel lock hasn't engaged? Dunno, I'm not a newer truck guy but I've busted more than 1 ignition lock cylinder that way. I know I know, I'm a dumbass :doh:

I used to be a locksmith, you would be amazed at the amount of times this fixed a "frozen" ignition cylinder.

ghohouston

Reaction score

The owner did that first, and I am wondering now if he did break it. He is a big dude and was trying to turn the wheel while on the key. The wheel never locked. He went over 1/2 turn each way.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Pull the ignition switch, not the tumbler out and manually move they lever

Latest posts

Members online