1949 F6, 06 4wd axles.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Pops and I building a 49 f6 rat rod style. Got 06 axles under it, BTS e40d, and a 700hp 12v. ( he wanted to do a 12v haha ). Anyways, I got a question on trans set up. I want a ratchet shifter, but then still need it programmable for shifting. PCS is what I was looking at but do I need a harness from an obs? Or does the PCS just control everything? Power and ground to the controller and PCS trans harness. Run wire to tps and that's it? Need a little info. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 268

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I don't think there's a manual vb for an e40d, unless you just mean you want a floor shifter.

You can order the pcs with an e40d harness I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Cool build! I can't agree with a 12v, lol, but still very cool project.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Cool build! I can't agree with a 12v, lol, but still very cool project.
I have a 51 F3 that I'm going to be building over the next several years.

As bad as I wanted to put a Powerstroke in it, I don't think there's any way possible to fit one under the narrowed hood. A Cummins is the only way to go.

I'm doing a twin turbo 12v as well but doing a zf6 behind it. My goal is for it to be as mechanical as possible...

isootmypants

Reaction score
Haha I was debating on putting a 7.3 in it cause I have everything for them but my dad grew up working on big trucks and believes no diesel should be more than an inline 6 haha

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a 51 F3 that I'm going to be building over the next several years.

As bad as I wanted to put a Powerstroke in it, I don't think there's any way possible to fit one under the narrowed hood. A Cummins is the only way to go.

I'm doing a twin turbo 12v as well but doing a zf6 behind it. My goal is for it to be as mechanical as possible...

tow mater style. no hood..

if a mechanical 7.3 can go in a mustang, there is no reason it shouldnt go in a truck..

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
It's not just the narrowed hood, it's also that the inside of the fenders narrow significantly towards the front too.

I measured every which way from Sunday, and it would require a lot of cutting. Something that I am not willing to do.

sootie

Reaction score
It's not just the narrowed hood, it's also that the inside of the fenders narrow significantly towards the front too.

I measured every which way from Sunday, and it would require a lot of cutting. Something that I am not willing to do.

there is someone on this forum with a 7.3 in a mid 50s i believe...

Strokersace

Reaction score
there is someone on this forum with a 7.3 in a mid 50s i believe...
The 53 - 56 have more room than the 48 - 52. Starting in 57 they went to a full Hood and engine compartment.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Just not something that I am going to do. I want it to look bone stock with the hood and all fom the front.

Besides, if I wanted to put a psd in it, it wouldn't be a 7.3. It'd be a 6.0 or 6.7. But I didn't want that many electronics. Mechanical engine and trans is the way I'm going.

sootie

Reaction score
The 53 - 56 have more room than the 48 - 52. Starting in 57 they went to a full Hood and engine compartment.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Just not something that I am going to do. I want it to look bone stock with the hood and all fom the front.

Besides, if I wanted to put a psd in it, it wouldn't be a 7.3. It'd be a 6.0 or 6.7. But I didn't want that many electronics. Mechanical engine and trans is the way I'm going.

I'm with you...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

party pooper.. i mentioned a mechanical 7.3.. lol.. i do get what you are saying though.

buuuut, you could stretch the front end a lil.. lol

regardless, it will be a sweet project bud!!

except the inline part

live life full throttle

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Looks like it will work well with how you did the front frame section. I wish i had done mine differently. It's possible to do a 7.3 in a 48-52 just cant use fender wells and IIRC the motor has to be sat pretty low. There's quite a lot of room in my 53 especially on the passenger side. hardest part was keeping it short enough to fit under the hood with how i mounted the motor but it was kind of necessary if I wanted to keep the 53 VIN and title as a 53

isootmypants

Reaction score
Yea there's the latest. Sorry forgot I had this thread on here Haha. 4 link in back, 3 link in front. Motor already for pick up at millers machine shop.