Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

gwunter

Reaction score
Maybe take those parts back to napa and see if they will excgange them if you tell them they are bad. Maybe you get a good set next go around.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It’s been a while. I’ll check and see what brand they are.

Might put my old ones back in and try that

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Powerstrokestang came by and he got his engine stand. He put his computer on it. He had some trouble reading the codes.

One thing he say was that, when I do start building pressure, ICP duty cycle will drop to 3% and pressure will be like 3000 psi. Then it’ll throw the code and go into default. If that’s a IPR problem or crap behind the edge filter, I’ll have to take it apart again and check.
Idle duty cycle is about 10%

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Not since putting injectors back in. I’m gonna take hpop off, look again at the edge filter and swap the IPR.

Jomax

Reaction score
Until you remove that gen3, I wouldn’t keep wasting your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Alright you bunch of a-holes....
Took time today and worked on the truck. First I swapped in another IPR, no change. Took the Jr hpop out, cleaned the edge filter and put back in, might have helped a little bit still through a code. So I came up with a wild idea of taking the extra haldex pump off. Plugged the ports and plumped in the extra lpo line into the OBS Rez. Fired truck up and no code. Got it out of the shop and took it for a drive. Drives fine just doesn’t have the power it should. Might be because the tunes are calling for the extra pump. Barely gets 20 psi of boost in all out tune. In the stock and tow setting I can floor it with little acceleration, takes forever for it to gain speed. Idles fine. Biggest thing that happens is when I took it on the interstate it will hiccup and sometimes dies. Maybe goes back to idle, idk. It’ll recover and keep going.
At least I can drive it and use it. Just doesn’t have 600 hp like I want. Just don’t understand why the extra pump is putting too much oil out or can’t get rid of the pressure.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
It's likely they are playing IPR tricks to use the gen3. If you get your tunes updated for the single hpop you should have a much better running truck.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Last I knew hydras are good for free revisions, which includes something you don’t like about the tune such as shift points or too smokey. Once you change parts on the motor and he has to rewrite the tune it costs again.

Latest posts

Members online