Cam sensor cause IPR to not close?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have seen a couple times with cam sensors wher the bottom o ring will get cut and the sensor will swell and hit the cam, never seen it with a crank sensor, but hell anything is possible. Im guessing you probably still have that piece in there and its ****ing with your signal.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It could have fallen to the pan, or got stuck in the hole for the sensor, or jammed between the tone wheel and block or sensor.

6speedsd

Reaction score
It's still something to do with the cam sensor. Still getting no cam/crank sync (but it starts and runs), I can hold rpms around 1500ish, and its showing rpms going from 800-1500. Everything else seems to work as it should now...have ficm sync, ipr is opening and closing. I'm getting a bore scope today or tomorrow and I'll pull the sensor and have a look see inside.

Is that connector available to buy anywhere? Crank sensor connector....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
3U2Z-14S411-CGC I believe

Some people say WPT-231 is an alternate number (I haven't confirmed it).

Remember it is a shielded circuit.

Last edited:

bismic

Reaction score
Rock Auto has the part listed as 3U2Z-14S411-ATA.

Since it isn't crazy expensive, the dealership parts counter is the best place to go.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll see if our local stealers have one in stock. It'll be $50 probably....our dealers price gouge big time. If I can't find anything wrong inside, I'll replace the connector.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok...another 6.0 mystery. Truck hasn’t been cranked since I replaced the sensor last week. I haven’t had a chance to fool with it since. My dad called a bit ago and said he went out and cranked it just “to see what would happen”. Said it fired and went dead several times as it always does in the mornings...has for a couple years now and I haven’t figured that one one yet... but it finally fired over and ran rough like before, missing and smoking like crazy. Said he slowly brought the rpms up a few times, and it “just cleared up”. Thing is sitting there idling like a new one. All I can figure is the piece that broke off unlodged itself and stopped disturbing the signal. Going to run it tomorrow and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
That's kinda crazy crazy but hopefully that's all it was though. Might have dodged a bullet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Been running all morning and hasn't missed a lick. Better than it has in a long time actually.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.