Is there a big difference in the seat of the pants feel of torque and power between a

wildbill963258

Reaction score
So my F350 7.3 now has the exact same setup even the exact same tuner as what my '96 250 had. The only differences between my old truck and current truck is that my 96 was auto and had 3.73 gears and my 350 has a manual and 4.10 gears. I remember when I was driving my 96 that it had power but it was never a put your head against the seat kind of power. After putting the exact same tuner that I had on my 96 on my f350 yesterday I was shocked at how much it woke it up because I never felt this kind of power out of my old truck. I mean this thing flat out puts your head against the seat at just the slightest throttle input. Is it my 4.10 gears making that much of a difference or is it the manual that's making the difference? Nothing is wrong just curious as to why there's so much more seat of the pants power.

Bugman

Reaction score
Was the gearing changed out in the 96? The factory options were 3:55 and 4:10.

The difference in gearing could be all that there is to feel a good difference.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
As far as I know it wasn't it started life as a generator field service truck and had a shop literally in the bed of the truck tools, oil(55 gallon drums), coolant(same as oil 55 gallondrums), filters, batteries etc etc

Bugman

Reaction score
You'll feel quite a bit of difference between 3:55 and 4:10 gears in the get up and go department.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Is it also possible that I may have a newer code injector? Because when I had my valve covers off I definitely noticed 2 different colored injectors both were yellow and the rest were black

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Because before the tuner my new truck was slow as hell on take off in fact a semi could take off faster than me but now it takes off real quick in fact my turbo now has a higher pitch to it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A lot of the time, gearing aside, that was the difference between the slushbox e4od and the zf5. Thats what made a ton of people want the zf over the auto. They just felt sloppy. But being that you say it didnt take off worth a dam and the turbo is making more noise, it could be that the turbo is bad. Only thing it could be is higher boost pressure if it is still healthy.

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
The only reason I can notice a difference in the sound of the turbo is because the downpipe I installed is semi connected to the rest of the exhaust enough to where you put your hand in front of the tailpipe you will feel heat and pressure. But the exhaust that dont make it to the tailpipe escapes right next to my transmission.

old man dave

Reaction score
You need to go to your NAPA dealer and get Easi-Seal Stainless band clamps. They will seal over a gap between pipes and being stainless never rust. Just get the ones will two bolt clamps. They come in 3", 3.5", and 4" among others, also stepped to clamp two different size pipes.

If you have non-original injectors, who knows what you have!

Last edited:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I think the injectors in my old truck were tired that's probably why I noticed a huge difference between tuned and not tuned in my current truck. Weren't the injectors for 97's a different code and added more power to the 7.3? Or was that just only California trucks?

Last edited:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
What would cause my truck to act like it's out of fuel even though the tank has fuel in it? It only does it on my front tank. Yesterday it spit and sputtered and died and even got air in the fuel system even though I had plenty of fuel in the tank. And today it spit and sputtered but didn't die and when I switched to the rear tank it went back to normal.

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Could be the boot at the bottom, not sure if it also has a mixing valve like my SD
HAD but this can leak air at the duck bill valve and act like it it out of fuel at 1/3 tank

Latest posts

Members online