2011 F 250 6.7L Code P1291

Stroker@2011

Reaction score
Hey guys
New to the forum I’m having a really bad issue with my 6.7L
It’s been ******d for about two years running H&S mini max
Full EGR ******, complete exhaust ******.
Long story short put all emissions back in retuned the truck back to stock tubing with emission present. Truck idle for about an hour to burp coolant systems all was good drive on test drive 3 miles and truck went into limp mode Mini macxx pulls code P1291 NO RISE FROM FUEL HEATERS. Called ford dealers they says that description doesn’t exist.
P1291 SHORT TO GROUND BANK 1
Truck went under inspection using TSB 11-10-10 step by step
Found no problems.
Fuel system is clean never put DEF in truck sense owned cluster in cab says level full.
Truck is now in the shop they can’t find anything wrong truck will idle perfect tell RPMS are raised to about 1200/1500 then limp lose kicks in shuts down injectors 1,4,6,7
Someone please help

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
In the 6.7 tech section here, This code and symptoms that relate to yours has a thread posted on 6/18/18. Dealer replaced each injector that you have codes for and then eventually opted to replace all 8 and he has had no further problems. Was posted by 7.3obs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroker@2011

Reaction score
Ok so update from shop from test with harness plugged into the
PCM three zero Volts going to bank 1 injector s
But with harness unplugged from PCM and manually tested by putting 12Vs to bank 1 injectors all injectors ohm and are good once plugged back into the PCM throws code back to no volts being delivered to bank 1 injectors.
My question is bad PCM?
All caused by H&S Minh Maxx I think didn’t have this problem tell tunner was set back to stock for emissions testing

Stroker@2011

Reaction score
Ok so my truck has been at the Ford dealer for about a month now went in for bank 1 short to ground codes so they replaced all eight injectors, still no fix, replaced PCM all updated programming no fix, complete engine harness inspection by several ford techs and fordHotline no fix I’m at 5K in parts labor and dealer is lost. Can anyone help on any insight please

webb06

Reaction score
Any answer ?? Got the same problem

Fixed one the other day. Guy had done an engine swap. When they put the oil fill tube on the wiring harness got pinched under the bolt for the fill tube.

Need to check wiring. Or unplug injectors individually and see which one it is. I’ve had injectors cause this code as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online